Fuzz face circumference

Johnnyorange500

Hi,

Can someone kindly be able to tell me what the circumference measurements are for a fuzz face round enclosure.
Cheers

Johnny

Are you looking at making some??
Im looking at getting hold of a couple of enclosures if anyone has any hints........

Thanks @Big Monk i had seen these and am in the UK enough to be able to pick one up but £80 ($120)!!!! I dont think I can justify that for an enclosure!!!
I think I will see if I can do what you suggest of finding a used one somewhere.
Cheers

Phil

A quick reverb search tells me buying a Dunlop FF is extremely expensive - 200 euros. That's ridiculous.
And what happened to used items being cheaper than new ones?
Why is everything priced as if it was vintage?

So those fuzz enclosures suddenly look like decent deals. Of course I'd rather hit up @temol for some good bent steel boxes.

Last edited:
Reactions: fig
Isn't that diameter, not circumference? Because a circumference of 7.25 inches = a diameter of around 2.3 inches, which is pretty small.

The diameter is 7.25”. I just assumed the OP meant diameter.

Who would care what the circumference was? 😂

The cheapest Dunlop units I've seen are the JHF1 and those are already a great Fuzz Face so if I bought one I wouldn't want to take it out. Thos Fuzz Faces repros are good because you can finish them how you want and drill for a power jack without impacting the resale of the donor.

DUDE, Just use a mic stand !
“This simple but effective fuzz box employed Ivor’s (Ivor Arbiter) idea to adapt a mic-stand base as a roadworthy casing. Introduced in 1966, the Fuzz Face found instant fame when Jimi Hendrix picked one up at Shaftesbury Avenue.” - History of Sound City shop London.

The cheapest Dunlop units I've seen are the JHF1 and those are already a great Fuzz Face so if I bought one I wouldn't want to take it out. Thos Fuzz Faces repros are good because you can finish them how you want and drill for a power jack without impacting the resale of the donor.
I just bought a JDF2… I think it’s $10 cheaper than the JHF1…
I was gonna build a nice circuit and put in there but the circuit in there is actually pretty decent…

I just bought a JDF2… I think it’s $10 cheaper than the JHF1…
I was gonna build a nice circuit and put in there but the circuit in there is actually pretty decent…
I have a JDF2 and I find it too dark. I read that the output cap is 100n instead of 10n but I haven't checked mine.
I did mod it though. I messed with the trimmer of Q1, maxed out the fuzz knob and put it inside and I added a bias knob for Q2 outside for gated sounds. It makes my bass fart beautifully now.

M my one has the NTE158 transistors
Is that the ones yours had.?.?
I’ve read they used different ones in these…

Attachments

• C6C24420-2ABE-4D49-93E3-DD1EE7DC811A.jpeg
    C6C24420-2ABE-4D49-93E3-DD1EE7DC811A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
M my one has the NTE158 transistors
Is that the ones yours had.?.?
I’ve read they used different ones in these…
I think I have the same ones. I don't think the transistors make much difference. The output cap does.
You have to unscrew the foot switch to access the board.

Back