What plectrum does everyone use?

Dunlop Maxi grip 1.14 since they came out…
Although I have yet to behold the infamous figlabs picks… Could be a game changer 🤪

Reactions: fig
Dunlop Maxi grip 1.14 since they came out…
Although I have yet to behold the infamous figlabs picks… Could be a game changer 🤪
Free for the asking. The next batch may be printed double-sided….I was so excited ordering the first ones, that when I saw the mockup…I didn’t think about the other side :ROFLMAO:
I thought about ”Place thumb here” or “Play something!”

Free for the asking. The next batch may be printed double-sided….I was so excited ordering the first ones, that when I saw the mockup…I didn’t think about the other side :ROFLMAO:
I thought about ”Place thumb here” or “Play something!”
I vote "place thumb here"

If you’re like me, and have been playing most your life, you have picks everywhere, so you grab what ever is in eyesight. Fig does have some nice ones, though.

The picks I had made are Ultex. Did I send you any?
@fig's picks have the best tone.....this has been independently verified:) (They also happen to be my favorite pick for flatpicking acoustics.)

Otherwise, I'm a Dunlop Flow fan. I vacillate between a 1.0mm and 1.5mm. Depends on the part I'm trying to play.
For rhythm guitar parts or strumming parts I generally like a Herco or Dunlop Nylon pick 1.0mm.

For mandolin and acoustic flat picking I also love the Wegen Delrin picks but they are ungodly expensive so I try not to love them too much:)

Speaking of un-godly expensive, a buddy of mine started a pick company call Red Bear picks. He came up with an artificial tortoise shell material that sounds identical to the real thing. I still have a bunch of the prototypes that I was testing for him in a couple different shapes.

Unfortunately the early ones also warped just like real tortoiseshell.

@fig's picks have the best tone.....this has been independently verified:) (They also happen to be my favorite pick for flatpicking acoustics.)

Otherwise, I'm a Dunlop Flow fan. I vacillate between a 1.0mm and 1.5mm. Depends on the part I'm trying to play.
For rhythm guitar parts or strumming parts I generally like a Herco or Dunlop Nylon pick 1.0mm.

For mandolin and acoustic flat picking I also love the Wegen Delrin picks but they are ungodly expensive so I try not to love them too much:)

Speaking of un-godly expensive, a buddy of mine started a pick company call Red Bear picks. He came up with an artificial tortoise shell material that sounds identical to the real thing. I still have a bunch of the prototypes that I was testing for him in a couple different shapes.

Unfortunately the early ones also warped just like real tortoiseshell.
You’re picky :ROFLMAO:
I just pick a pick,
pick up that picked pick,
pick a song to pick with that picked pick,
pick the pickup to pick the song I picked with the picked pick.
All while riding in my pickup.
Get the picture?

( Just pickin….glad you like ’em :love: )

I use a piece of PCB. 1.6mm. Not the fiberglass type (works great, but I don't like the idea of glass dust), but crappy old phenolic. Often broken off a piece of cheap prototype board. Try it some day.

Last edited:
Red Bear Picks are wonderful.
They are made of Casein. A protein found in milk products. The substance some vintage pen barrels and buttons are made from. There are several companies producing casein picks - including D’Addario. Casein produces a warmer tone than plastic. Some what similar to tortoise shell.
They are expensive ! ! !

Red Bear Picks are wonderful.
They are made of Casein. A protein found in milk products. The substance some vintage pen barrels and buttons are made from. There are several companies producing casein picks - including D’Addario. Casein produces a warmer tone than plastic. Some what similar to tortoise shell.
They are expensive ! ! !
Now I gotta go find all those Red Bear prototypes I had lying around hahaha. I used one for Mandolin for quite a while before switching over to Wegen.

Dunlop delrin .71 .

Took me a long time to settle on one. I tried nature, small, thick, thin etc.

I love these picks. I play mostly blues, rock and acoustic. I'm intermediate at best so shredding is not in my forte. This allows me to do pretty much everything I need.

Holy cow, $35 for the Guthrie Govan model? For that money it better make me play "just like Guthrie...."

Well after a few weeks of trying other things I'm definitely moving on from my Jazz IIIs. I've been testing a bunch of picks and so far my favourites are Dunlop Flow and Dunlop Primetone 1.5.

I can't seem to decide which ones I prefer but I definitely prefer both of them to my old favs the Jazz IIIs

Back