Anybody played a Dan Drive Tweedy 5B3 pedals?

Looks like a Red Llama with a tone control
dandrive_tweedy4.jpg

zM3y8aK.jpeg

I've been having a look for gutshots and all of his pedals are really low parts counts with fabric covered pcbs. The waiting list is massive to match the prices. I'm genuinely jealous. Its excellent work if you can get it.

Oh and lol at anyone who complained about Analogman in recent threads. At least his pedals are relatively reasonably priced compared to Dandrive

The Dan Drive prices are crazy. That's why I wondered what was inside. I saw what looked like a Red Llama and thought "surely not??" Still at least he shrink-wraps the jack terminals. Crucial, and something we could all learn from.

I have read that Louis Vuitton was a mediocre luggage company which was going out of business, so they tried a different tack - they covered their products with their logo, raised their prices astronomically and advertised in posh magazines. Well, it worked!

Maybe that's Dan Drive's strategy. If it works, good on him! I suspect the tweed on the circuit board is a form of goop, making the PCB traces impossible to see.

Yeah, it’s a valid strategy. Why make 3 pedals at 120 when you can make 1 at 360 for less work. If someone’s paying then it’s not dumb.

Back