Shika Fuzz

Mentaltossflycoon

In what seems like a theme, I know nothing about Boris, I'm just another muff nerd. I ordered this on a whim to fill out a cart during a recent sale. I can't say I've built every muff but I've put a good dent in that list. This one was worth the time for sure. Been comparing with some others, muffin factory, ic, legit green, frantones etcetera and it definitely is far enough away to justify keeping around. Kind of assumed it would be a good one to have on hand as a giveaway but nnnnooope. I could not get the muffin factory to sound nearly as nasty as the shika. It doesn't have as much low end oomph as the frantones but it does not suck at all for bass. Earned itself a go at my next rehearsal. Another good one.

Screenshot_20220924_202735.jpg Screenshot_20220924_202750.jpg

COOL!
Super DUPER coolio!

What method did you apply the graphic with?
What's having the reversed tone-pot like to deal with?

I really wanted to build this up, but with the reversed tone-pot I came up with another idea to build on the same board — and I've been mapping out the idea the last couple days, literally.
So I need to get another Shika board to build stock.

Tone knob doesn't bother me. Kind of fun quirk really. Graphic is my favorite super duper lazy man's clear vinyl inkjet sticker method with 2 coats of clear, posca penbknob labels in between. Limits me to lighter colors but it looks good in a "homemade" way.

Back