Space Heater V3

MichaelW

Another Space Heater.

I'm in the middle of a pretty complex "top secret" build project that's got a bazillion components in it. I was just too tired today to focus on something that detailed but wanted some bench time. So I decided to build out another Space Heater board I got from @vigilante398.

My first (working) Space Heater build I wound up putting a 12AU7 in it for a "clean tone conditioner" as the last pedal in my chain before my digital interface.
It's actually not the last last pedal, it's the last pedal before my buffered loop that has my delay and reverb in it. For some reason I'm getting some "power whine" when I put it after the loop. Haven't figured it out yet. Something to do with my pedalboard power supply. But it works great in the position it's in as a "clean tube" tone warmer upper.

I wanted to build another one to use for it's intended purpose as a Boost/Overdrive at the front of the pedal chain, and this is it.

Now that I've got a couple of these under the belt, the build went super fast and smooth. It's actually a fairly low component count and easy project.
I have a JJ 12AX7 in this one and it sounds great! It can function as a clean boost, dirty boost, or standalone low gain tube overdrive. Lot's of cool applications for this pedal.

This is also my most successful "home paint job" enclosure yet. This is actually a can of "mailbox paint" I've had sitting in my garage for a while.
I put one coat of primer and two coats of color and let it cure literally for 3 weeks now.

I "think" it's cured but I did not make the mistake of trying to wipe it down with IPA like my other "fail" at self painted enclosures.

I'm waiting with anticipation for @vigilante398 to release the EF86 version of this!

IMG_3553.JPG

IMG_3552.JPG

Another Space Heater.

I'm in the middle of a pretty complex "top secret" build project that's got a bazillion components in it. I was just too tired today to focus on something that detailed but wanted some bench time. So I decided to build out another Space Heater board I got from @vigilante398.

My first (working) Space Heater build I wound up putting a 12AU7 in it for a "clean tone conditioner" as the last pedal in my chain before my digital interface.
It's actually not the last last pedal, it's the last pedal before my buffered loop that has my delay and reverb in it. For some reason I'm getting some "power whine" when I put it after the loop. Haven't figured it out yet. Something to do with my pedalboard power supply. But it works great in the position it's in as a "clean tube" tone warmer upper.

I wanted to build another one to use for it's intended purpose as a Boost/Overdrive at the front of the pedal chain, and this is it.

Now that I've got a couple of these under the belt, the build went super fast and smooth. It's actually a fairly low component count and easy project.
I have a JJ 12AX7 in this one and it sounds great! It can function as a clean boost, dirty boost, or standalone low gain tube overdrive. Lot's of cool applications for this pedal.

This is also my most successful "home paint job" enclosure yet. This is actually a can of "mailbox paint" I've had sitting in my garage for a while.
I put one coat of primer and two coats of color and let it cure literally for 3 weeks now.

I "think" it's cured but I did not make the mistake of trying to wipe it down with IPA like my other "fail" at self painted enclosures.

I'm waiting with anticipation for @vigilante398 to release the EF86 version of this!

View attachment 32889

View attachment 32890
I need to make one of these. I have a bunch of tubes screaming to be used! Looks great!

Dude you are on a tear!

Bang up job with the paint, the texture came out great.

I'd think of using two small chicken head knobs because the enclosure reminds me of a Tone Bender but as pretty as they are, I find them hard to turn.

And that's 3 you've built without frizzling your hair :)

Back