Wampler Mods to the BD2 / Cobalt drive.

Likez2Jam

Hi all, Just bought Some boards for the Cobalt drive. I recently got a wampler written pamphlet on modifying these circuits. Should the cobalt be pretty plug and play? or are there further modifications/ order of parts differences. Basically is it going to be easy to add these Mods to the pedal pcb circuits.

Very nice everyone. Thanks for the suggestions. I am working on Improving my schematics reading. Now my schematics understanding o_O. But yes like those Premier guitar mods are similar, just tables with parts to swap out. So like is c14, 17, 19, etc. going to be listed the same on here vs. what Wampler considers c14,17,19,etc. are those numbers always derived the same way? Where they are in the circuit order/schematic, or do they differ?

I have also dug through Chuck's Boneyard edition. I think I want to try Wampler's "tweed" mod first and then give Chuck's build a whirl.

If you pull up the schematic for the Pedalpcb version and compare it to the schematic for the Blues Driver it'll probably be obvious what parts are what, just don't go by the label alone because the Boss board includes the jfet bypass switching system in with the parts numbering. For Wampler's tweed mod it looks like:

Boss / Pedalpcb
C22 : C4
C101 : C15
D1 : D5
D2 : D6 (?)
D8 : D2
D10 : D4

I'm pretty sure D6 on pedalpcb's board is D2 on the Boss one, but the print on the Boss schematic makes it look like a blur between 2 and 3.

Attachments

• BOSS BD-2.gif
    BOSS BD-2.gif
    131.9 KB · Views: 10
Back