Peachtree Overdrive

swelchy

Build Rating
4.00 star(s)
Wrapped this little build up today. I saw someone else's build report recently on this one and I agree on their take as well. The boost part of the circuit as well as the treble cut have no discernable difference when activated... Other than that it's great sounding pedal.. Really Gainy.... Only sub I used was for diodes I didnt have any Bat41 so I used Bat43.
eatapeach.jpg eatapeachgutz.jpg

I've found that most of the builds I've done with a "built in boost" are kinda useless. Probably the best implemented one is in the Mojito Deluxe but I still prefer using an external boost pedal. Awesome build though! Does it make you play "just like Duane"? or "Just like Dickey"? :p

I've found that most of the builds I've done with a "built in boost" are kinda useless. Probably the best implemented one is in the Mojito Deluxe but I still prefer using an external boost pedal. Awesome build though! Does it make you play "just like Duane"? or "Just like Dickey"? :p
Nowhere close with my playing to sound like any of those guys that went through them… lol Although while I was in college I did hang out with Dereck Trucks one night and played fooseball for a long time in the mid 90’s

Breadboarded this one tonight to check out the boost. There is a difference, but it doesn't change much tonally.

I am debating on whether to leave the boost footswitch out and have boost always on. Rolling off the guitar volume gets the same effect as dropping the boost. Or make it a toggle switch..

Nice sounding pedal. Tone toggle options are not my favourite, but I can see how they were trying to capture Duane there.

Back