Stuff

so... knowing you'd botch it from the get go...

I dare ask, how does itsound? rotating speaker wtfdude or farting in a large public bathroom?

• Haha
Reactions: fig
Part Duece

At least partially undaunted, the noob shakes off this train wreck as a one-off sorta thing. Noobs are known for this sudden burst of false confidence when faced with utter failure, to safeguard against otherwise being destroyed by the truth.....hey...literary license okay?

One of the issues not shown above was the foot switch alignment. I had already attached it to the pcb but mis-measured my mod, so when the "thing" arrived, I unsoldered and re-positioned to fit the enclosure (so it'd be right for the replacement enclosure). That's why it fits in the pic. This proved to be a fatal blow but I'll get to that.

The replacement enclosure was ordered, and a couple weeks later I checked the status which read;

REJECTED: SERIOUS ISSUES WITH GRAPHICS, love Hugo.

Okay I added the "love"...but I could definitely feel it. 🥰

At this point, the graphics noob decides to punt, and orders a plain-drilled box to put and end to the nightmare and be able to hear this wonderfully intriguing pedal. You see, it had been tested for functionality only at this point.

A couple more weeks go by and a shiny box with holes arrives. I grab the guts and shove them in...nope. Wrong drill file. The jacks are perfect, the LEDs are perfect but once again, the footswitch is now where it should have been on the previous enclosure. #&#^$*^

To put a donk on this story, while desoldering the footswitch the second time, two pads were unable to take the abuse. No pictures of that carnage...or aftermath.

Here is the only known gut-shot and an end to this ill-fated fiasco. Will I rebuild? Perhaps...but these wounds run deep... 🤣

pQiwcIn.jpg

Thanks for reading and laughing along with me, at me. Feel free to unleash well-deserved flaming. (then go build something)

Well Fig, I'm sure it can be salvaged, even if it won't be pretty anymore. Call the little phoenix a build with "mods" with "added character".

At least all your little sausages lined up nice and neat for the party.

LOTS happening here at Fig Labs. Relatively speaking. I mean, it was pretty quiet all night while I was asleep but things are moving now! I’ve had two cups of coffee and a break already. Why, I’ve made at least a dozen posts already :rolleyes:

I cracked open the PICKit 4 that came yesterday only to realize it was an in-circuit debugger and not the PIC programmer. So I ordered a PM3 this morning (used, because they must be made of platinum or something). This is relevant to all of you who have (or will) receive pcbs from me that require a microcontroller. I’m working on it ;) .

I noticed tht in the north end, 20th, was low 80's, get up on 22 and brrrrr... was down to 40 at like 5am... did some imaginary divine being look at the calendar and say "summer's done, time to turn the boiler off" ?

• Haha
Guitar pedals? Not today! I picked up my old LP flipped over to the bridge HB dropped the tone knob back to near nothing, plugged straight into my faithful BJR with these magic settings and rocked out. Serious therapy

8FdkJWH.jpg
I forgot those go to 12, great power, great responsibility.

That bit came in, and I was able to program the relay PICs, but not the LFOs (yet).

I started putzing with this circuit last night…several stages but ZERO controls. I don’t have a schematic as it was cheesed together from several with a few of my own bits shoved in. There isn’t much room left for expansion on this board so I decided to add another board which would equate to a stacked 125B (or 1590 if it goes smd…LOL).
Here’s is the most amazing part…the doggone thing worked the very first try. You can imagine my shock…I’m still shocked! I’m certain I’ve broken several electrical laws or theorems but math be damned it sounds pretty cool to me. :ROFLMAO:
The working title is Burnin’ Rubber…if it’s already been used…too bad! It’s not like I sell anything anyway. The Burn is a muffish front-end and the Rubber is an echo. Time for the next course and layer!

Good News Everyone! I've successfully programmed both the LFO and relay PICs. I should be able to start sending these out next week. If I sent you a 'Lectric Mama Flanger pcb and you are waiting for these chips and a relay, please send me a message so I don't forget to send them to you.

Just a reminder to anyone waiting to give a shout…I hope to start mailing tomorrow..so sorry it’s taken me so long. A few of life’s hiccups can really mess with your plans. Just pray it (life) doesn’t sneeze on you!

Just a reminder to anyone waiting to give a shout…I hope to start mailing tomorrow..so sorry it’s taken me so long. A few of life’s hiccups can really mess with your plans. Just pray it (life) doesn’t sneeze on you!

Did that AI-based Fuzz Face become self-aware and wreak havoc throughout the countryside again?…

• Haha
@MichaelW , I wish I had better news but I am not getting any echo / delay out of this circuit.

I’ve tried a couple of chips but no dice. I’ll keep plugging at it.

6XyRDrx.mp4

Oh brilliant…no sound. Well, imagine a sweep signal looping with no echo.

Back