IC Leg Benders

I could find those from european vendors:

You can most likely find them in the US too.

edit:
Googeling "DIP / DIL ICs pin Straightener" gave me results like these:

Last edited:
I had somethign similar open recently here ya go!
I already printed off the 3rd design, and thinking of making the 1st if the other dies... I noticed a little plastic on the IC legs after pushing it through.

Is there something similar for axial component leg bending (i.e., for consistent tagboard installation). I know there are commercial options, but the ones I've seen seem to have pretty terrible reviews.

I'll check, might want to run it through the search bar on the link I provided or 'grab iron jig' I recall Micro-Mark having this plate with different notches that let you bend to a consistent size time after time

I could find those from european vendors:

You can most likely find them in the US too.

edit:
Googeling "DIP / DIL ICs pin Straightener" gave me results like these:
I have one, don't remember where it came from, but love that thing, they drop right in after a squeeze with it

Edit: The first one linked looks identical to mine

Last edited:
oh.. 3d printers WERE cheap not to long ago. I got a decent sized UV for under 200. and the smaller nozzle(FDM is their name) run far less, some under $100 if you get it asa kit that you need to find your own square tubing for a frame. Been eyeballing a Creality Ender series to make the bigger stuff like p-up routing jigs... there's even files for a whole ST/TC body you can assemble like a jigsaw puzzle. This rabbit hole is just as bad as pedal building, if not worse :ROFLMAO:

Back