Sproing Deluxe Gain Issue

mjcyates

Just finished the Sproing Deluxe. Everything is working except the gain is below unity even when the gain pot is maxed out. I used the VTL5C3 - Xvive VTL5C3. I tried changing the 220k resistor to 390k and then 470k. Any thoughts on what to try next?

Just finished the Sproing Deluxe. Everything is working except the gain is below unity even when the gain pot is maxed out. I used the VTL5C3 - Xvive VTL5C3. I tried changing the 220k resistor to 390k and then 470k. Any thoughts on what to try next?
Show a good Picture of the Resistors & components to see if there are wrong values.

Super clean looking build. Not much help here, as I haven't build this one yet but any reason you went with the vactrol and not the LDR/LED combo? (I don't think this is the root of your gain issue though...._

Thanks. I went with the vactrol based on these comments from Aion:

"The Luna sounds best with a VTL5C3 workalike. Since the original VTL5C3 is no longer made, you’ll
likely need to find a substitute. Xvive and CoolAudio make their own version under the same part
number, VTL5C3, and both are available from Small Bear Electronics as well as several international
retailers. Alternately, Small Bear Electronics sells the Macron MI1210CLF-R which works just as well."

Thanks. I went with the vactrol based on these comments from Aion:

"The Luna sounds best with a VTL5C3 workalike. Since the original VTL5C3 is no longer made, you’ll
likely need to find a substitute. Xvive and CoolAudio make their own version under the same part
number, VTL5C3, and both are available from Small Bear Electronics as well as several international
retailers. Alternately, Small Bear Electronics sells the Macron MI1210CLF-R which works just as well."
It's been probably 4-5 years, but for what it's worth... I had the darnedest time with my Luna build. Ended up having to take it to a pedal wizard friend of mine and he tested and ended up using a different vactrol and something else. Sounds great, but I have no idea what he used. That being said, I also was having an issue with my Sproing Deluxe and just put in a orange diffused LED with a 5516 (recommended in the Pendulum), and it sounds great! Unity is just a smidge below max gain. Therefore, if I want it to thump harder it can... but I'll keep it at unity 99% of the time. Good luck.

So good news, parts showed up, I replaced the vactrol with the LDR/LED and now the tremolo works perfectly. Bad news, I somehow screwed up the reverb side. Now when I engage the reverb I just get a loud static sound, ughh.......

IMG_1454.JPG

Ok I think I figured out my new problem. I lifted a trace on the 15k resistor. The problem is I have no schematic and I can't tell what connections need to be made. The left side still has trace and I can see it goes directly to the reverb switch. The right side trace is lifted and I haven't had any success with figuring out where it needs to go. Any help (schematic) would be appreciated.

Back