How to make a 2M7 resistor

innerlight

Hey all!
I’m working on a Pendulum Tremolo, and I don’t have the required 2M7 resistors.
Can someone tell me how I would make one out of others in serial or parallel?? I have 2M ones and various others, a pretty good selection.
Please help!

This Forum is a fantastic resource for a fantastic hobby, but I always like to suggest that when building these boards, don't just view it as an exercise in "painting by numbers". Need a resistor substitute? Look for a parallel/series calculator, and see what the formula is while you're there:

A lot of the time, I still don't fully understand many parts of these circuits, but when you do start to understand things, it makes modding (improving?) so rewarding.

Last edited:
This Forum is a fantastic resource for a fantastic hobby, but I always like to suggest that when building these boards, don't just view it as an exercise in "painting by numbers". Need a resistor substitute? Look for a parallel/series calculator, and see what the formula is while you're there:

A lot of the time, I still don't fully understand many parts of these circuits, but when you do start to understand things, it makes modding (improving?) so rewarding.
Completely agree! In the past when I had to do this with lower values I did it with ease but the M thing confused me!
Anyway, another successful build of the Pendulum tremolo. Big recommend to you all

I use Digikey for its colour-coding resistor values, but I prefer this online calc for parallel resistors and capacitors in series:

resistrs.gif

So depending on what values you have on hand...

Paralleling:
6M8 & 4M3 = 2M63
8M2 & 3M9 = 2M643
10M & 3M6 = 2M647
5M6 & 5M1 = 2M669
7M5 & 4M3 = 2M73
6M8 & 4M7 = 2M779
6M2 & 5M1 = 2M798
10M & 3M9 = 2M8058
5M6 & 5M6 = 2M8
7M5 & 4M7 = 2M889
6M8 & 5M1 = 2M9

If you don't have those large M-values to play with, but you've got a 680k — as others have suggested that'd be the easiest closest route, series 2M+680k.

Back