Several other recent builds (Uber Drive, Informant, Mahayana)

mhshizz

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Oh yeah, here are the other PedalPCB builds I've done. The first one, Informant, was my first attempt at using these inkpad stamps, Mahayana was second, then I did a MadBean GreenBean (not pictured), the Uber Drive, and finally the Hen's Tooth from my other thread.

The Informant sounds so good. It definitely has RAT-like vibes, but is smoother in both EQ and distortion character. At lower drive settings, it really shines. However, it's my ugliest build by far, as I hadn't really figured anything out. But I don't really care. Please don't tease me about that giant capacitor lol - I hadn't realized how big the different voltage ratings would be, and just blindly ordered the first one of that particular value I saw. It just barely fits under the back plate.

mCu28tK.jpg

G8WIfD0.jpg

The Mahayana also sounds fantastic. I've never played a real Zendrive, so I can't compare, but dang it sounds sweet. I was surprised the circuit was so simple.

2Ctq9yZ.jpg

pPaolJC.jpg

Uber Drive sounds pretty good too--better than the Hen's Tooth, imo--but not quite as good as the previous two. At least it's not as noisy as I recall the Boss I owned many years ago being at higher settings. Definitely a "push your amp" pedal and not one I would much rely on for its own character.

Edit: oh yeah, I subbed 2SC1815 in for the 2SC732 since that's what I had available. Not sure how that affects the sound.

GtWqN7y.jpg

IzoNb9V.jpg

Last edited:
Love the bi color looks of your uber drive.
Your informant review makes me think about my next build - muroidea or informant ? 🤔

Love the bi color looks of your uber drive.
Your informant review makes me think about my next build - muroidea or informant ? 🤔
Thanks

I'd vote the Informant. It's very similar to a rat but smoother in the mids, and clearer sounding at lower gain settings. It's more "polite" I would call it, in a way I really like.

In my other thread I posted a big comparison video and you can hear it and the Aion FX Helios back to back

Here’s my own Uber Drive build. Out of interest, where did you get your pot casing protectors from? Never seen green ones before!

Attachments

• 7371EB9A-8AAB-4F6B-BC70-2B4FD3F6D4D7.jpeg
    7371EB9A-8AAB-4F6B-BC70-2B4FD3F6D4D7.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 19
  • F6644448-F10B-4D82-8ED9-7F61782DD939.jpeg
    F6644448-F10B-4D82-8ED9-7F61782DD939.jpeg
    793.9 KB · Views: 20
Here’s my own Uber Drive build. Out of interest, where did you get your pot casing protectors from? Never seen green ones before!

I think I got them from Mammoth Electronics when they were still around 8 or so years ago. These were my last two. :cry:

Back