Coppersound component substitution box

You played around with yours much yet @steviejr92 I haven’t had much of a chance yet.
Man it’s funny you literally asked. All day today I’ve been trying to breadboard a 250 but I haven’t been able to get the circuit working and it’s such a simple circuit. Crazy I’ve breadboarded it before and I can’t seem to figure it out. I figured tomorrow I’ll try to get it working so I can try out the diode sub box and give my initial impressions.

Man it’s funny you literally asked. All day today I’ve been trying to breadboard a 250 but I haven’t been able to get the circuit working and it’s such a simple circuit. Crazy I’ve breadboarded it before and I can’t seem to figure it out. I figured tomorrow I’ll try to get it working so I can try out the diode sub box and give my initial impressions.
Oh that’s a good idea I was hoping to use it for diode picking in my plumes built the other night but I threw the red leds in and haven’t pulled em back out yet. Maybe I’ll throw a 250 on the breadboard myself tonight seems like a nice easy one (I say that now). I just have to get motivated to remove the stuff from my breadboards…

Oh that’s a good idea I was hoping to use it for diode picking in my plumes built the other night but I threw the red leds in and haven’t pulled em back out yet. Maybe I’ll throw a 250 on the breadboard myself tonight seems like a nice easy one (I say that now). I just have to get motivated to remove the stuff from my breadboards…
Go for it! I already have mine built just have to trouble shoot maybe we can compare and see which diodes we like!

Alright I’m up and going, wasn’t getting any clipping there then I realized I had that ground rail going to the red rail thankfully I didn’t have 9V going there.

Kind of torn between the 2n7000 and 1n34a. Depends on the gain setting. There’s too many options in this thing lol. It’s a good thing I was able to quickly eliminate all the led options.

Have you settled on anything? What’s are your faves so
1n34a is my fave so far. Curious to try some different op amps in there. I don’t have a 741, but I have some op07 which are a bit lower slew rate than the 741 need to redo my layout for a single op amp though. See if that makes much of a difference for the diode choice.

1n34a is my fave so far. Curious to try some different op amps in there. I don’t have a 741, but I have some op07 which are a bit lower slew rate than the 741 need to redo my layout for a single op amp though. See if that makes much of a difference for the diode choice.
Im working on breadboarding the 250 now using the bigger protoboard this time lets see what happens! And btw you might have to use 2 single opamps to make up for the dual opamp. That sounds like it could interesting though keep us updated!

Im working on breadboarding the 250 now using the bigger protoboard this time lets see what happens! And btw you might have to use 2 single opamps to make up for the dual opamp. That sounds like it could interesting though keep us updated!
Using the dual I’m only using one of the op amps. Might be interesting to add a tone control with a gain recovery stage for the 2nd op amp. Anyways veering off the diode picker here. I do like this simple distortion though. Just kind of a no frills in your face sound.

Using the dual I’m only using one of the op amps. Might be interesting to add a tone control with a gain recovery stage for the 2nd op amp. Anyways veering off the diode picker here. I do like this simple distortion though. Just kind of a no frills in your face sound.
Dude this 250 has been giving me one big headache lol Idk what the heck is going on going to rebuild one more time if nothing then i might just put it up on the forum.

Back