Mondo Power

Fuzzonaut

This is a Bass Boost/OD that can double as a (shitty half watt) power amp driving cabs, thanks to the LM386 and the BIG cap (4700uf) - if I got that electronic stuff right. Feel free to correct my assumptions :)

The circuit has been designed by Dunwich Amps and Nick was cool enough to hook me up with some PCBs after he closed shop (thanks!).
As that "hooking up procedure" was through Osh Park, I ended up with more than just one PCB (minimum order of 3).

I did build one right after getting the PCBs, loved it and then thought about making another one, this one, with an added gain pot (first BS170) and some fancy components (Dale resistors in certain spots, Silver Mica and Nichicon caps, 2 big ol' tantalums).

Thing is, it didn't work .... I followed the signal to almost the end of the circuit with my audio probe, the Volume pot (stereo) seemed to be a dud and the culprit but I didn't feel like removing that and ordering another one, so I put the whole thing aside for quite a while. Then came back to it a few days ago, did another fresh audio probing session and realised that there actually was a signal coming out of the volume pot hitting the LM386, so a quick change of the IC (new one from Retroamplis) and BOOM, there it was, alive and kicking, threatening to break windows and cause small earthquakes.
Gotta love them short trouble shooting sessions!

I still want a bigger knob for the Boost, but here it is anyway.

mondogain.jpeg mondogain-g.jpeg

I bought some years ago, for mistake, two 4700uF cap. :rolleyes:

Is the schematic available? Just to take a look, else it doesn't matter..

I bought some years ago, for mistake, two 4700uF cap. :rolleyes:

Is the schematic available? Just to take a look, else it doesn't matter..
Ahhh yes, that happened to me too often .... I still have a pair of comically large 1uf caps lying around, probably rated for one zillion Volts, from when I didn't know that I might have to pay attention to more than just the actual value of a component.

The schematic is not available, I'm afraid. It has been passed to Magic Pedals, along with other designs, if I'm not mistaken.

Back