DEMO AquaBaby MBP build.

This post contains an audio or video demo

Dan0h

My first MadBeans build, I feel a little guilty posting here but I know it’s cool so here it is.

Also, my first true Analog Delay. Fitting enough, usps delayed the delivery of the mn3005 chip, but it was worth the wait.

Squeezing this puppy in a 1590 was fun… these tiny 1/8 w resistors are a trip, but I really like the small form factor. I was so excited to play it that I skipped the DMM biasing and just biased it by playing and small tweaks. Thing sounds amazing. I have been a huge pt2399 delay fan since building out just about every version I could find but this is a totally different flavor. Super crisp and clean and wow. The repeats fade out into the abyss so nicely and crazy town is an ass hair away with just a slight nudge of the feedback knob. It is an awesome delay sound.

I’m very happy with this little thing. The chips are crazy $$ and hard to find and I spent way too much on shipping due to all the different vendors I had to use but if that’s the only way to make one then so be it. For sure made me appreciate the work @Robert puts into his layouts and part selections, you can almost always source the entire build via one maybe two vendors. And having the values printed on the pcb makes things so much nicer. But I have to give kudos to MBP, this thing despite the extra effort, or maybe because of the extra effort sounds amazing. Thank you so MUCH @fig for the mn3101 chip as I couldn’t find any when I searched. Fig saved the day as usual!

Fig rules and so does this baby delay! 6E78061D-C7E4-4879-AADA-425894985144.jpeg 022FC46F-4126-4EF8-921E-64C17433C68C.jpeg A729E1E1-E43A-429C-A468-4AEA6B44A628.jpeg

My first MadBeans build, I feel a little guilty posting here but I know it’s cool so here it is.

Also, my first true Analog Delay. Fitting enough, usps delayed the delivery of the mn3005 chip, but it was worth the wait.

Squeezing this puppy in a 1590 was fun… these tiny 1/8 w resistors are a trip, but I really like the small form factor. I was so excited to play it that I skipped the DMM biasing and just biased it by playing and small tweaks. Thing sounds amazing. I have been a huge pt2399 delay fan since building out just about every version I could find but this is a totally different flavor. Super crisp and clean and wow. The repeats fade out into the abyss so nicely and crazy town is an ass hair away with just a slight nudge of the feedback knob. It is an awesome delay sound.

I’m very happy with this little thing. The chips are crazy $$ and hard to find and I spent way too much on shipping due to all the different vendors I had to use but if that’s the only way to make one then so be it. For sure made me appreciate the work @Robert puts into his layouts and part selections, you can almost always source the entire build via one maybe two vendors. And having the values printed on the pcb makes things so much nicer. But I have to give kudos to MBP, this thing despite the extra effort, or maybe because of the extra effort sounds amazing. Thank you so MUCH @fig for the mn3101 chip as I couldn’t find any when I searched. Fig saved the day as usual!

Fig rules and so does this baby delay! View attachment 33139View attachment 33140View attachment 33142
This looks like it was fun to built! It fits perfectly in that 1590!

That looks great, but am I missing something, I don't see the N3005. I've built all of the MN3005 projects from Brian over the years, they never fail to impress.

That looks great, but am I missing something, I don't see the N3005. I've built all of the MN3005 projects from Brian over the years, they never fail to impress.
It arrived just today and I dropped it in. The photo was taken before. I was too stoked to take another gut shoot. Lol.

Love it, can't wait to build mine. Still toying with the idea of adding the modulation mod but I'm really glad to hear your confirmation that it's a "crisper" delay than the DMM. It think the two will work nicely together for a dual delay. (At least that's the plan......) Now I'm itching to get mine built....hahha....

Love it, can't wait to build mine. Still toying with the idea of adding the modulation mod but I'm really glad to hear your confirmation that it's a "crisper" delay than the DMM. It think the two will work nicely together for a dual delay. (At least that's the plan......) Now I'm itching to get mine built....hahha....
To be crispy clear I don’t know that it’s crispier than the DMM yet. I intentionally didn’t finish the DMM because I wanted to give this one it’s own day of jams. I have A feeling I’m really going to love the DMM so I’ll finish that tonight. But yeah the Aquababy is NOTICEABLY cleaner clearer mucho warmer than the Pt2399 delays I have played.

Love the demo this just made me interested in the DM2. I looked it up on the store but i could only find the DMD2 is that the same?
This is a MadBean board. I’m not sure if the dmd2 was digitally modeled after the dm2 or not. I haven’t built it yet so bo experience with it. Looks cool though.

Back