Anyone Interested In Circuit Design?

BuddytheReow

Breadboard Baker
I know @Coda got the ball rolling for a number of us to go down this rabbit hole a few weeks ago of building a circuit and putting it on perf/stripboard.

I'm considering starting a new thread in the Test Kitchen to go over various circuit blocks out there on the breadboard rather than full schematics. Things like boosters, clippers, EQ, gain stages possibly among others. I'm just trying to gauge general interest on this or if I should go back to breadboarding full circuits. Thanks.

Yes please!

I've been building perf board circuits from dirtboxlayouts. I'm still coloring by number here but would love new ideas and projects or really anything that can help me learn more about what I'm doing.

Attachments

• 20220324_173917.jpg
    20220324_173917.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 9
What a great thread idea! Definitely interested in absorbing some of the design knowledge bouncing around in here.
There are 5 places on this site that contain some valuable knowledge in circuit design:

-Check out the 'Resources' tab for circuit block ideas. We are trying to update this as we go along. Bare with me. 1661889432728.png
-Chuck's Boneyard contains phenomenal write ups with a more in-depth view of what's happening. Much math is involved, but that's how it's best explained from an EE.

-The 'Test Kitchen' contains a lot of breadboarding and general knowledge. The main author is ok, not great ;)

-Check out the "Resources" thread in the test kitchen. It's been a collaboration of items people have found and shared with the rest of the community here.

-Lastly, and unfortunately, you're going to have to scour through the various threads on here to find some pure circuit gold. These can be anywhere: troubleshooting, build reports, general questions. Once you find something I would highly suggest bookmarking it for future reference.

I do my best to keep the math to a minimum. Without a basic understanding of what does what, you're just shooting in the dark.

But yeah, some of my discussions might not be for everybody.
Isn’t that what diy is…I wonder what would happen if I added a huge capacitor on the input of a tube screamer….🤣🤣🤣

Back