I'm looking to make a pedal that is both a booster and buffer. (suggestions needed)

ryugu

I don't see any boosters that fall into that category but I could be wrong. I'm wanting something like a Wampler dB+, JHS Prestige, or Xotic Super Clean. Another option, I guess, is to build a Kliche mini and keep the gain turned down. Or maybe I can build one of the preamps available instead of a clean boost. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
That reminds me, I need to put this into the Wish List:

Buffered BJF Baby Pink Booster:

Bearfoot+Baby+Pink+Booster+Original.png

w0ugz1oeadvk4oxj3m8u.jpg

The buffer is always on, but you can have that switchable, too, if you want (click on the link above for the other Vero from Tagboard Effects).

It's described as a neutral boost (the usual "your sound only louder"), but take that with a grain of gain. Speaking of which, it provides up to 15dB boost.

provides 15 dB of clean buffered boost with just enough pre-gain harmonic content to keep things interesting.

JMK had a PCB for a hot-minute, well... okay a hot second, but never made it a regular offering — perhaps @Robert would consider it.

MI make a Boost and Buff! The schematic is out there somewhere...

But the Mr Black Boost Tiger is a great sounding booster.

I don't see any boosters that fall into that category but I could be wrong. I'm wanting something like a Wampler dB+, JHS Prestige, or Xotic Super Clean. Another option, I guess, is to build a Kliche mini and keep the gain turned down. Or maybe I can build one of the preamps available instead of a clean boost. Any suggestions?
I think the full tone 2b is exactly what you described, if you are going the klon route check out the archer clean, it’s a similar circuit but with less dirt so it might do the trick.

Are you looking for a clean boost with a relatively high input impedance or are you looking for an always-on buffer with a switchable boost or is the whole thing going to be always on? How much volume boost do you need?

Back