Lab Rat - Madbean Slow Loris

BuddytheReow

Breadboard Baker
This is the "first" non-PPCB build I've done in a really long time. My first build ever was a GGG Tubescreamer a few years ago. I've built a Rat out of stripboard before, but I wanted an upgrade to include a few mods. This is the Madbean Slow Loris: a Rat with the Ruetz mod and adjustable clipping options (stock, LED, and asymmetrical). Nearly all of us have played a Rat, so there's no need to describe the circuit to you guys. However, I would highly suggest you add in some mods to your current build or build an upgrade like I did.

In terms of the enclosure, I went with a 125b, rattle cans, and Posca pens. I sprayed it when it was probably too cold outside, but I do like how it turned out. Almost makes it looks distressed which is kinda cool since I'm so used to trying to make everything as neat and shiny as possible.

Build a Rat. Rat is life.
1669650512282.png
1669650530741.png
1669650549127.png

This is the "first" non-PPCB build I've done in a really long time. My first build ever was a GGG Tubescreamer a few years ago. I've built a Rat out of stripboard before, but I wanted an upgrade to include a few mods. This is the Madbean Slow Loris: a Rat with the Ruetz mod and adjustable clipping options (stock, LED, and asymmetrical). Nearly all of us have played a Rat, so there's no need to describe the circuit to you guys. However, I would highly suggest you add in some mods to your current build or build an upgrade like I did.

In terms of the enclosure, I went with a 125b, rattle cans, and Posca pens. I sprayed it when it was probably too cold outside, but I do like how it turned out. Almost makes it looks distressed which is kinda cool since I'm so used to trying to make everything as neat and shiny as possible.

Build a Rat. Rat is life.
View attachment 36951
View attachment 36952
View attachment 36953
Nice build! I made one of these for a friends bass board and loved it.

My old striboard build didn't work very well on bass, so I'll need to try it with this build. Did you have to tune it for bass or ran it stock?
To be honest I need to get some feedback from my friend but from my limited playing with it I thought it sounded fine. Best setting was the led clipping and I could get some great sounds by messing with the blend control (Reutz mod).

My friend wants me to build him a RatScreamer pedal by combining the two into one box. I was thinking about either running it Rat>TS or using a 3-way to allow either to be used or both in either order. I might do that since I haven’t tried it yet.

I'm part of the "Didn't think much of the Rat 'til I built one" crowd.

Favourite setting on mine is the LEDs (SW: stock/turbo/Fat), of course.

BtR, I really like how evil you were able to make the Rat look, must be that eye...

... and the R flowing into the tail... every time I look at it I see a new detail, and yet... it's such a simple clean graphic/text/pedal...

I'm part of the "Didn't think much of the Rat 'til I built one" crowd.

Favourite setting on mine is the LEDs (SW: stock/turbo/Fat), of course.

BtR, I really like how evil you were able to make the Rat look, must be that eye...

... and the R flowing into the tail... every time I look at it I see a new detail, and yet... it's such a simple clean graphic/text/pedal...
The R was actually a goof on my part. A happy accident?

218px-Hands_of_God_and_Adam.jpg

Back