MXR M 233 Micro Amp Plus - Сircuit

grin

Hi all. I'm looking for a verified MXR M 233 Micro Amp Plus circuit. Does anyone know where to find?

Last edited:
Though the Micro Amp is very famous and well known simple circuit, I never got any information about the Plus version with tone and output volume.
There are some imitation of it with the tone pot (the master volume could be just a pot in the end of the circuit), but nothing about the original pedal.

The Micro-amp is very similar to the MXR Dist+/ DOD250 / Dan Armstrong Blue Clipper...

Somewhere online in an old Distortion+ Magazine (or maybe it was ToneReport, I know there's a vero drawn up by Nicholas Kula (now working at Catalinbread) of a Blue Clipper (IIRC) that has been modded to have a Baxandall tone stack added via the dual op-amp chip (one op-amp for the gain, one for tone-stack recovery.

Wouldn't take much to turn Kula's version of the Blue Clipper into a Micro-amp. I've no idea how MXR went about getting the bass and treble controls on the Micro-amp Plus, but this would get you close. Do some spelunking online or message Kula himself, or...

I've got the article somewhere — if I have time later this weekend, I can rummage around my 'puter's HD and find the relevant vero image and send it to you in a PM.

Buy one used, draw the schematic, resell the pedal. Or buy a new one online and then send it back...
Here's a description of the custom shop version. I think it's worth the effort. A useful addition would be a bass cut switch, as in the Boss FA-1.
I appreciate your sense of humor.

Feral Feline, The MICRO scheme is known, I am looking for PLUS. Interested in tone block.
Information will be appreciated. )

Feral Feline, The MICRO scheme is known, I am looking for PLUS. Interested in tone block.
Information will be appreciated. )

I understood you're looking for the Plus, and when I looked at what the face of the Plus, it's got a bass and treble knob in addition to the volume/gain.

ca7efcaf521f1a2e3e464cc4b3e48651.jpg

I was just offering an alternative, a way to have the MicroAmp with bass & treble controls, which at least gets you closer to the Plus when the schematic for it is still unknown/unavailable.

BTW, I don't think RoseBlood11 was joking, or at least, I fail to see the humour in the valid method(s) RB11 posted of obtaining the information you seek.

Feral Feline, Thanks, I appreciate your answer. This is also a possible way. But not at this time.
Otherwise, I would ask the bass treble regulator. )
I wrote: verified circuit

Last edited:
My memories was wrong! I thought the MicroAmp Plus had Gain, Tone and Volume.
Anyway, buy an used pedal, look inside and re-sell it, is not a bad idea.

Maybe we should looking for someone who have it to take some gutshot pictures, at least.

My memories was wrong! I thought the MicroAmp Plus had Gain, Tone and Volume.
Anyway, buy an used pedal, look inside and re-sell it, is not a bad idea.

Maybe we should looking for someone who have it to take some gutshot pictures, at least.
This is a good idea.

Back