BtRiab-BuddytheReow in a box

Guardians of the analog

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
While working on all these boss pedals I put together an sd-1 and began to ponder every decision I've ever made...why the hell did I use the TS over the sd-1 all these years??? I haven't played an sd-1 since the 90s and I wish I could go back and tell past Chris to get rid of the TS. So that's when the BtRiab started to take form. My RAT/TS Eskimo brother @BuddytheReow will really dig this one.
The Hawkeye drive started when I built the sd-1 and put it in front of a rat and then I said why not do the logical thing and put them together. I had the boards already from another project that had not come to fruition yet and now likely won't. The builds were simple enough with low parts counts and I used all generic non mojo parts to prove it sounds exactly the same. OP07 opamp, generic 4148 diodes and 5088 transistors. I have TH jfets but am using smd jfets if the board has the footprint for them. So how's it sound? It rips. Classic tones, all killer no filler.
I had the idea of doing a Hawkeye themed and having the SD-1 side as Barton and the Rat side being Ronin but thought about it and decided to change the SD-1 to Bishop and reworked my whole design. @SYLV9ST9R said he likes the 60s Bond look of the silhouette and I knew it was a winner if he approved. Matte violet tayda 1590BB2 and UV print. Don't sleep on the SD-1, the Rat or this combo. As Buddy would say, Rat is life.
eO44S5c.jpg
j8sgpCp.jpg
AxZJ5Dz.jpg

He came, he slayed, he conquered.

Another top build as usual. I put the SD-1 on my weekend build list, I am in the same situation having never built one without reason. Looking forward to slamming it into a Rat.
I've never been a fan of symmetrical clipping in overdrives esp the TS camp and have always done Asymmetrical in those like the boss, but the Sd-1 has more high end presence, is more open sounding and feels slightly less congested sounding. You'll probably like it if you use a screamer.

This build motivated me to build a SD-1. I got half way through when I realized I was building a DS-1 instead.. it seems that I have a DS-1 now and another build to complete..
Which DS-1 board do you have, I have an original Aion board (not the new format) and have often thought about doing it, but then @Robert is working on the DS-1w and the ds-2 and I'd rather build either of those.

Which DS-1 board do you have, I have an original Aion board (not the new format) and have often thought about doing it, but then @Robert is working on the DS-1w and the ds-2 and I'd rather build either of those.
I built on vero. Quick and dirty. I’d probably wait for the DS-1w board for a proper build. Enjoying it so far. A bit noisy since I haven’t boxed it yet.

Back