Where to get LD1117S50 5V LDO Voltage Regulator for my PedalPCB Protoboard?

Fizz

Looks like I have everything I need on order to complete my PedalPCB Protoboard build but I can't find the LD1117S50 5V LDO Regulator. Any got a link to one?

Also, will this work for the 3.3V Regulator for the build or should I stick to the one at Mouser that is linked to in the build document. Just trying to save on some shipping

I used the LM1117MPX for the 5V regulator, because that's what Tayda had.

I couldn't find a 3.3V regulator so I left it off (I didn't order the one you linked to because that short leg didn't look right. If you order it and it works, let me know, I can add it on).

You can leave them off, you just won't have power on the 3.3V or 5V taps... the 9V power is essential for pedals, but if you need the other voltages you can always just add a voltage divider in your circuit. It's not like any pedals I prototype have 3.3V or 5V sources.

I used the LM1117MPX for the 5V regulator, because that's what Tayda had.

I couldn't find a 3.3V regulator so I left it off (I didn't order the one you linked to because that short leg didn't look right. If you order it and it works, let me know, I can add it on).

You can leave them off, you just won't have power on the 3.3V or 5V taps... the 9V power is essential for pedals, but if you need the other voltages you can always just add a voltage divider in your circuit. It's not like any pedals I prototype have 3.3V or 5V sources.
Thanks for this! Being a newb I really didn't know what they were for but I thought it was weird they were there... and SMD. Are those the only two things you left off?

Thanks for this! Being a newb I really didn't know what they were for but I thought it was weird they were there... and SMD. Are those the only two things you left off?
I only left off the 3.3V one. I added the 5V from Tayda. I also substituted the fuse with a similar specced part (again, because Tayda carried it, that way I sourced everything from there).

Here's my build report post: Protoboard and Crystal Drive | PedalPCB Community Forum

By the way, when I look at @finebyfine's build report, his 3V regulator looks very similar to the one you linked to... maybe it will work after all? I was worried because the middle lead looks so short, but it looks like he managed to get it on there.

PedalPCB Protoboard | PedalPCB Community Forum

I just realized I've never used the 3V3 so I can't 100% confirm I installed it correctly but the the tab on the side opposite the leads is Vout on the Tayda one just the LDO called for on the silk screen / bom. As long as the tab is soldered the shorter leg not being connected doesn't matter

Back