Sourcing Capacitors for Clandestine Preamp

Crash102

I was just looking at the PCB for the Clandestine Preamp and saw that the capacitors appear to have 4 prongs. Do anyone know where to source these from. And If you do, what is the search criteria that finds them? Thanks

I don’t see anything out of the ordinary. Which one are you referring to?

View attachment 37294
I'm guessing he's referring to C1-C5.

I was just looking at the PCB for the Clandestine Preamp and saw that the capacitors appear to have 4 prongs. Do anyone know where to source these from. And If you do, what is the search criteria that finds them? Thanks
I'm guessing the board was laid out to accomodate either axial or radial capacitors.
There's continuity between the pads closer to each other 1670167581923.png

This is for folks that want to match the original Chase Tone build out using Orange Drop caps. Very nice of @Robert to allow for this.

A couple of folks have done it this way (including me:))

img_2874-jpg.25329

Ok. So I can just use regular capacitors for that? That makes much more sense. Don’t know what I was smoking. I just saw something I’d never seen before and my brain farted

Yah any regular film caps would be fine. Using Orange Drops is just more "mojo" bs......not sure it makes any difference. (But I'm guilty of "mojo bs from time to time...... :ROFLMAO: )
No mojo parts here! I mean unless you count all my 1/2w carbon comp resistors. Oh and some ridiculous axial caps. That bunch of cloth covered hookup wire surely wouldn’t count. So except for those other bits , no mojo par - oh yeah and the tropical fish. And that bag of sacred 1N34s.…

Back