DEMO Miami Fuzz | PedalPCB Twin Face

This post contains an audio or video demo

UtilityBeltFX

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)

Finished this Twin Face for a good friend of mine who's a huge Miami Heat fan. I am as well so I took some elements from the Vice Nights jersey and designed this enclosure. Tayda did the printing who is just doing stellar work for reasonable prices. This is their matte light blue. All text is gloss but I kept the white Heat logo matte for some depth.
I bought a matched set of Germanium transistors from Small Bear as well as some Silicon's too. Ended up with a Motorola BC108 and some other that was higher gain.

The only thing I messed up is even though I was following the amazing build guide from General Discussion, I skipped ahead one step and soldered the pots to the PCB before installing the mini-toggle switch as well, so there wasn't QUITE enough room for it to sit comfortably. You can tell I tried to desolder the pots by how much flux is still on their lugs, but I was unsuccessful. Ultimately by ignoring the mini-toggles washers I was able to get it seated low enough that everything worked. Another lesson learned. This is only my 5th build ever!

20221205_111904.jpg
20221205_112025.jpg
20221203_153122.jpg

Awesome video! When I saw the title I was hoping shaq was GE, just makes sense! What GE set did you go with from small bear? As for desoldering pots, there are probably better ways to do it, but what works for me is I put some vice grips on the pot shield for weight, then i just lay my iron across all 3 pins at once and it just drops out when I lift up due to the weight of the vice grips.

Awesome video! When I saw the title I was hoping shaq was GE, just makes sense! What GE set did you go with from small bear? As for desoldering pots, there are probably better ways to do it, but what works for me is I put some vice grips on the pot shield for weight, then i just lay my iron across all 3 pins at once and it just drops out when I lift up due to the weight of the vice grips.
I went with the Fuzz Face Generic 🤷‍♂️

Back