PedalPCB Leprechaun

Harry Klippton

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
My brother-in-law asked me if I could build him a rainbow machine. I said yes. Then my wife told a coworker I was making this and he wanted one too, to give as a Christmas gift. Fast forward and here we are. I always wanted to try a rainbow machine but definitely didn't want to own one.

It was a super straightforward build, and my first time soldering an fv-1 but not my first time soldering smd. I added a basic relay bypass for the on/off footswitch, and an intelligent relay bypass for the regeneration footswitch. If anybody is looking for the wiring on the regen footswitch, it's here. First time I used those LED lenses too, and I quite like them. I also used my favorite pink LEDs. The expression jack is a must in this build as far as I'm concerned. Oh and there's about a meter of wire in there because of all those connections

Visually, I tried something new. I wanted to combine silver foil no film with rainbow colors, so it's actually two separate decals. I cut a hole in the silver foil decal and implanted the color section. It was quite challenging to pull off but I love it. I wanted to go for a unicorn type of vibe with the silver, pink, and rainbows. Plus I was inspired by the box art of blank VHS tapes, which often had geometric shapes, some kind of color spectrum, and metallics in them.

You know what it sounds like, especially that rainbow fart sound that's in every clip of this pedal. What I was surprised to find in it were cl some cool speed up and slow down sounds too. I'm working on a demo just for proof of life, which I'll add when I get a chance.

IMG_20221220_112311172~2.jpg IMG_20221220_115419967.jpg IMG_20221220_115250588~2.jpg IMG_20221220_112921525.jpg

Back