Mofeta

paniagua

Love this pedal. Always on for clean tone as well. Each drain biased to 4.3V. I bought 2 boards as backups. I'm going to build another sooner than later to A/B bias voltage. Works perfectly after the Comp with the dirt pedals upstream as a low gain/just edge of break-up. Easy enough to dial in the amount of compression and level hitting the Mofeta, leaving some room on the guitar's volume to clean-up nicely.

Switch popping not too bad with the 2.2uF electrolytic on the output. I'll try a tantalum next build. Some high pitched squeeling that would change depending on Master volume setting - turning CW didn't equal louder squeeling. I was daisy-chaining off a single isolated rail of a Truetone CS7 but switching to dedicated rail seems to have fixed the low-level squeel for now. Using an OPA2134 instead of the TL072 as well. Any other suggestions to make this pedal as quiet as possible?

Really happy with the build. My boy said "It makes my Metal Zone so much better" :cool:. Thanks again to everyone for a truly great community and making these builds possible.

Happy Holidays!
~paniagua

mofeta1.jpg

mofeta2.jpg

Hello, nice looking build! I'm still learning as I go and wonder if you mind answering a couple questions?

A couple of the pedals I've done have switch popping, how is this being eliminated with the cap in your case and how are you wiring it in?

Also as far as biasing the circuit, can you tell me where I go for the test points or drain sites? about to build this one as well

Thanks and happy building!

Back