Muffin (Stomp '75 variant)

MichaelW

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Yet another Muffin variant. I've been wanting to build a Ram's Head variant. This one is based on the "Stomp Underfoot Violet Ram's Head" which is in turn based on "1975 Violet Ram's Head".

I built this one for my brother in law, so a rare pedal with knob labels..... šŸ˜›. I used a Gold sharpie from my fly tying bench.

I also subbed the 2N5088's with a quad of pretty closely matched vintage Telefunken BC239's. (All in the mid 400's for Hfe)

This is a real meaty and bassy sounding variant. Falls somewhere between the Triangle and Green Russian in terms of articulation.

I'm digging it! I need to build one for myself next.

I used a Tayda Grey Sand enclosure. Soldered the transistors since it's going to someone else and I don't want them falling out.

Probably my last build of the year as I've gotten my wife's cold and probably will be spending my New Years Eve napping mostly. (and coughing, heh).

So I actually counted what I've built since March of this year when I joined this forum. This is my 139th pedal........:oops:!!!

That's like 40 more than I was estimating in my head. You guys are a bad influence......hahahaha.

Happy New Year! Stay safe!!

IMG_4139.JPG

IMG_4138.JPG

Happy New Year dude. Cheers on the amazing year of building. I used those TFKs in a 75 muff too. ā€œDo you hear what I hearā€¦.ā€ Sorry Xmas songs still stuck in my head.
Hope you all feel better soon, seems like this season got a ton of people this year.
You tie flys too, man is there anything you donā€™t make?

It must be the graphics that are slowing me down along with my occasional lack of creativity

GREAT BUILD!
Oh, and excuse me while I pick up my jaw off the floor... the labelling, after all...

In one year you've built more pedals than I have since I started a few years ago.
Every 2.6 days or so, you pumped out a pedal.

Hope you get well soon, and have a great 2023 and your builds break 200.

GREAT BUILD!
Oh, and excuse me while I pick up my jaw off the floor... the labelling, after all...

In one year you've built more pedals than I have since I started a few years ago.
Every 2.6 days or so, you pumped out a pedal.

Hope you get well soon, and have a great 2023 and your builds break 200.
Well my plan is to slow down a bit and only build those pedals I have a real interest in. Unfortunately, that's most pedals.....hahahah.

Just looking at @Robert 's new release output has my backlog growing......

Nice! Another super tidy interior on that one. A couple days ago I found a muff board I hadn't built out and used the same 75 parts list as you. I just need to get some enclosures in.

Attachments

• 75 rams head.jpeg
    75 rams head.jpeg
    343.7 KB · Views: 15
Back