SOLVED Sproing deluxe - lifted pad? (Solved)

spilla

Boxed my sproing deluxe but installed the tremolo led backwards. While removing the led I lifted the cathode pad. Now my tremolo section isn't working. I rotated the led and ran a jumper to the footswitch and to r27

Unfortunately it's still not working. Does the led cathode connect to anywhere else? I can't quite tell looking at the PCB and there is no schematic available yet

Cheers!

Just to clarify: You're talking about the LED facing the LDR, or the rate/bypass LED?
I don't understand why you're messing with footswitch jumper and R27.
Have you tried a new LED?
Use your DMM in beep mode to probe around for possible connections.
Post pics.
SproingDeluxe-Panel.jpg

Sbrry mate, my first post was lacking a lot of details

The ldr/led is working fine. It was the tremolo rate/bypass led. When removing that led to flip it around the cathode pad overheated and lifted and the led stopped working. To make the led work again I jumpered from the cathode leg to the footswitch. The led is working again as rate and bypass.

But the tremolo effect has stopped working. I still get audio signal through the tremolo side but there is no tremolo effect. (Reverb is working). Looking at the PCB I see there was a connection from the led cathode to r27. It did not have continuity so I ran a jumper. But I still have no tremolo.

I'm just wondering if the cathode connects to anything else. Or if the problem lies elsewhere

I'll post some pics in the morning

Cheers

Last edited:
Ive got it working. I noticed the leds cathode ran to a via not directly to the footswitch pad. So i removed that jumper, pluged into my test box and it worked. Looks like the jumper from the leds cathode to r27 was the only issue that needed to be fixed.

Back