Two competing designs for Sproing Deluxe enclosure

The base image was the result of an AI generated prompt. I’m doing a lot of experimenting with AI art with my work and end up generating some cool stuff so I figured “why not make some pedal art while I’m at it.”

I added some of the circles and lines and if I go with it I’ll fix the eyes so they match and stuff.

Even though y’all are quite impressed with my etchings, it’s a bitch holding and fine details so I’m going for something between “metal Etching” and “stencil” to make my life easier

Ever consider selling enclosures? Gear Ant does an awesome job selling his art work via enclosures. The mind blown one would be epic for a doom fuzz type build IMO.
Maybe when I retire.

I actually give most of the pedals I make away to folks who appreciate them

I do love collaborating on stuff with folks though.

I can’t really decide… I think I like #1 better in general but #2 seems a better “thematic” fit for this particular pedal…

#2 also gives me a bit of a Junji Ito/Uzumaki vibe… or maybe Bayonetta lol

I had never noticed this project before but you kept mentioning it so I looked at the store listing 🤔
I was looking for reverbs to build and ended up ordering like one of everything in the store...

This was especially interesting to be because it is a Reverb/Tremolo

My one concern is that there is only one control parameter on the Reverb.

Notice in the "Mind blown" design the white lines that radiate out of the left stomp switch. That is a visual reminder that all of the knobs it points to are controls for the Tremolo.

I bought the PCB without doing any research,

Reverb control is limited to one pot. Which is OK, and kind of what I was after, but not sure it will end up being a bit limiting.

The Sproing Deluxe doesn't have build docs, but as long as you use the same LDR as specified in the Pendulum documentation you won't need them.. (and I just used a standard 5MM red frosted LED.)
I took measurements off of the board for drill guides but I'd be happy to send you my Illustrator file if you decide to build it.

Notice in the "Mind blown" design the white lines that radiate out of the left stomp switch. That is a visual reminder that all of the knobs it points to are controls for the Tremolo.

I like that aspect of it. I'm also a sucker for a good border so this would be a no-brainer for me.
Good luck pondering- I'm sure either one will look and sound great!

I like that aspect of it. I'm also a sucker for a good border so this would be a no-brainer for me.
Good luck pondering- I'm sure either one will look and sound great!
Thanks,

incorporating the border was a key goal on tis one. my designs in general tend to look like something done by a Medieval blacksmith's apprentice (but in a good way...) and I was looking to do something a bit more "refined?" "restrained?" well, you get it.

I'm definitely going with the first one. The detail in the springs would be damn hard to get right, I'll keep that for another day..

Thanks for your, and everyone else's feedback.

Really enjoying the community of this board, and the modern UI compared to the 1990's architecture of DIY Stomp.

Back