DEMO Octavizer (Organ Donor)

This post contains an audio or video demo

steviejr92

Authorized Vendor
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I can make my guitar sound like an Organ? Count me in! Its all in the name the Organ Donor is an Octave with a few extra bells and whistles to make your guitar sound like an organ! To me its so much more than that though. If you lay off the choir knob and just use the Up and down octave this can be your everyday octave. Its a fun pedal to experience and if you haven't heard this in action id recommend the Youtube demo EQD has of it! Oh and BTW mentioning that demo this thing sounds exactly like it. I don't hear any real differences in this and the real thing.

Onto actually building it. This circuit is an absolute cake walk as long as your comfortable with SMD soldering. This is an FV1 circuit and as such you will need to either solder it yourself or get the option to have it pre soldered. Other than that this is no different than building any other pedal. The only compromise I had to make was putting a 120R resistor in place of a 100R resistor. 20 ohm difference? Not a big deal. I should mention that you might want to get small profile electrolytic caps. I ended u having to use a tantalum cap to save some space as it starts to get cramped. DO NOT USE those big 100uf caps they're not going make everything fit nice. Do yourself the favor and plan how to go about it! If I didn't have that 47uf Tantalum cap then i would've had to make a regular electrolytic cap fit at an angle and that would've been ugly!

As for the design i went with more mature look on this one. Every now and then ill have an IPA beer to quench the thirst. One of my favorite IPA's is Lagunitas. Its an incredible beer and anyone who likes IPAs should try it! This design as you can see is heavily influenced by their branding. Im really liking this look alot in fact my next design is going to be based on another IPA beer brand! Nothing thatll jump out and make you ahhhhh but i think thats why i like it!

All in all this circuit is awesome! I think its a must build for everyone who hasnt already! Like usual im planning on doing a demo of it tomorrow just to show the effect! I can only imagine how putting an overdrive or a distortion in front of it will sound! If you need an octave i say go for this one. 5 out of 5 for me! Cheers!

Screenshot_20230112_033916.png

IMG-1191.jpg

IMG-1192.jpg

This last pic i had to take without the lights to show off the color of the LED!
IMG-1194.jpg

IMG-1189.jpg

Last edited:
I was just playing it not too long ago! I love it you can get some scary movies like tones! It’s a very fun pedal!

I can make my guitar sound like an Organ? Count me in! Its all in the name the Organ Donor is an Octave with a few extra bells and whistles to make your guitar sound like an organ! To me its so much more than that though. If you lay off the choir knob and just use the Up and down octave this can be your everyday octave. Its a fun pedal to experience and if you haven't heard this in action id recommend the Youtube demo EQD has of it! Oh and BTW mentioning that demo this thing sounds exactly like it. I don't hear any real differences in this and the real thing.

Onto actually building it. This circuit is an absolute cake walk as long as your comfortable with SMD soldering. This is an FV1 circuit and as such you will need to either solder it yourself or get the option to have it pre soldered. Other than that this is no different than building any other pedal. The only compromise I had to make was putting a 120R resistor in place of a 100R resistor. 20 ohm difference? Not a big deal. I should mention that you might want to get small profile electrolytic caps. I ended u having to use a tantalum cap to save some space as it starts to get cramped. DO NOT USE those big 100uf caps they're not going make everything fit nice. Do yourself the favor and plan how to go about it! If I didn't have that 47uf Tantalum cap then i would've had to make a regular electrolytic cap fit at an angle and that would've been ugly!

As for the design i went with more mature look on this one. Every now and then ill have an IPA beer to quench the thirst. One of my favorite IPA's is Lagunitas. Its an incredible beer and anyone who likes IPAs should try it! This design as you can see is heavily influenced by their branding. Im really liking this look alot in fact my next design is going to be based on another IPA beer brand! Nothing thatll jump out and make you ahhhhh but i think thats why i like it!

All in all this circuit is awesome! I think its a must build for everyone who hasnt already! Like usual im planning on doing a demo of it tomorrow just to show the effect! I can only imagine how putting an overdrive or a distortion in front of it will sound! If you need an octave i say go for this one. 5 out of 5 for me! Cheers!

View attachment 40100

View attachment 40103

View attachment 40105

This last pic i had to take without the lights to show off the color of the LED!
View attachment 40106

View attachment 40107
Great design for the enclosure!

Just wanted to showcase the effect nothing fancy 😆

Heres me messing around with some haunted tones!
I would disagree, that's a damn fine FANCY pedal!!! Awesome job Stevie.

Can't believe how far you've come from "Hi, I'm new to building pedals....can I use electrical tape for insulation?" to knocking out builds with the best of the best! What was that? July? So impressed dude!

Thank you sir! Yup i got started in June but joined the forum here in July! I cant thank guys like you enough its what led me here!
Well, I'm waiting to see the launch of Chicken Wing Audio, Inc. and you can start doing Youtube video blogs, play shoe gaze music and we can all make fun of you like we make fun of all other retail pedal vendors...... :ROFLMAO:

Well, I'm waiting to see the launch of Chicken Wing Audio, Inc. and you can start doing Youtube video blogs, play shoe gaze music and we can all make fun of you like we make fun of all other retail pedal vendors...... :ROFLMAO:
I first need to learn what a buffer is..... :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back