Mach 1

Grubb

It's probably time I admit I'm obsessed with the Mach 1 circuit. I have built a number of my own versions of it and have even been designing a distortion pedal based on it. Today I decided to actually build my Mach 1 board and am pleased with the outcome.

IMG_20230116_162218__01__01.jpg

The enclosure is a bit of an experiment and I don't like how it came out. The pink is not the same shade as it was on the computer screen and I feel like I should have taken more time to get the overall visual design right. I tried matte varnish after the UV print and I can see uses for it, but it probably wasn't the right choice for this pedal.

The guts:
IMG_20230116_162131__01.jpg

Aside from that, I've got a nice sounding pedal that I intend to use as an always-on dirty boost, with a few of my other drives stacked into it.

It's probably time I admit I'm obsessed with the Mach 1 circuit. I have built a number of my own versions of it and have even been designing a distortion pedal based on it. Today I decided to actually build my Mach 1 board and am pleased with the outcome.

View attachment 40331

The enclosure is a bit of an experiment and I don't like how it came out. The pink is not the same shade as it was on the computer screen and I feel like I should have taken more time to get the overall visual design right. I tried matte varnish after the UV print and I can see uses for it, but it probably wasn't the right choice for this pedal.

The guts:
View attachment 40332

Aside from that, I've got a nice sounding pedal that I intend to use as an always-on dirty boost, with a few of my other drives stacked into it.
She's absolutely gorgeous!

! built a standard Mach 1 recently and am also head over heels. Kicked my Morning Glory off my board with ease. Do you put yours before or after the rest of your dirt?

Do you put yours before or after the rest of your dirt?
Thanks for the kind words. I put mine last in the chain, just before my amp simulator. I like higher gain pedals earlier in the chain and low-gainers last.

My drive chain actually contains 3 Lightspeed-based drives, they stack really well with each other. I have one variant that is switchable between Mach 1 and Southern Belle specs (or close enough) as my second stage drive, and another one that only has hard silicon clipping and a slightly different texture as a 3rd stage.
And then there's a Rat variant for when I want to go big 😂

Back