A Robot and a Sea Machine walked into a bar

Diynot

A couple more from the table of Diynot. First up, the Roboto. This was another of those why the F not purchases. This thing is a signal/tone mangler to the extreme. Loud AF with unity at around 7-8 o’clock and super bassy. This thing takes your input signal and tosses it out the door and then spits gnarl, snarl, and broken hard drive noises back at you. Build was easy enough being low parts count. The HT8950 chip was procured from an ebay seller suggested by @Pauleo1214 in one of his build threads. Of the 4 modes, the arpeggiation is my favorite. A little Hal9000 for evil AI artwork. My printer decided to skimp on the black which is disappointing. Also chose the Tayda Chromium which was a huge mistake. Scratches super easily and bubbles/chips when drilled. You can see a little puckering around the LED. This one is going to get some mods. I have a buff and blend on its way and will be adding an expression pedal jack for the control knob. Anyways, to the pics:
B7F6AF4D-FDA0-4FC9-AA5A-53F9A3FE49F7.jpeg BD8A9030-5A1B-49DA-AF4C-08CB2E4E7A14.jpeg
Next is the Sea Horse/machine chorus. This is a pretty cool non traditional Chorus. I love the fact that in using the PT2399 you can dial in a little “reverb” with the chorus. Makes for some very nice watery ambient tones. Easy build although I have mentioned before that I find 1/8watt resistor builds “fiddly”. Getting skinny leads bent and threaded with my sometimes less than surgically precise hands may lead to some cursing on my part. Tayda went a little overboard with the powder coat on this enclosure, getting it on the inside and in the screw holes. I had to do some filing/sanding to get the jacks to make contact. At first thought I had messed up because the signal was intermittent, but it turned out to be lack of ground continuity. Since I already have a sea horse themed pedal, I decided to go with a little alliteration and a riff on the original theme. Not my best laid out graphics, but they can’t all be winners.
D5395523-A540-4621-AFE4-CE693B24F0BB.jpeg 31102620-0CF3-4D6C-9EFD-CF5890F943BE.jpeg
Go forth and build cool shit people.

A couple more from the table of Diynot. First up, the Roboto. This was another of those why the F not purchases. This thing is a signal/tone mangler to the extreme. Loud AF with unity at around 7-8 o’clock and super bassy. This thing takes your input signal and tosses it out the door and then spits gnarl, snarl, and broken hard drive noises back at you. Build was easy enough being low parts count. The HT8950 chip was procured from an ebay seller suggested by @Pauleo1214 in one of his build threads. Of the 4 modes, the arpeggiation is my favorite. A little Hal9000 for evil AI artwork. My printer decided to skimp on the black which is disappointing. Also chose the Tayda Chromium which was a huge mistake. Scratches super easily and bubbles/chips when drilled. You can see a little puckering around the LED. This one is going to get some mods. I have a buff and blend on its way and will be adding an expression pedal jack for the control knob. Anyways, to the pics:
View attachment 40438View attachment 40439
Next is the Sea Horse/machine chorus. This is a pretty cool non traditional Chorus. I love the fact that in using the PT2399 you can dial in a little “reverb” with the chorus. Makes for some very nice watery ambient tones. Easy build although I have mentioned before that I find 1/8watt resistor builds “fiddly”. Getting skinny leads bent and threaded with my sometimes less than surgically precise hands may lead to some cursing on my part. Tayda went a little overboard with the powder coat on this enclosure, getting it on the inside and in the screw holes. I had to do some filing/sanding to get the jacks to make contact. At first thought I had messed up because the signal was intermittent, but it turned out to be lack of ground continuity. Since I already have a sea horse themed pedal, I decided to go with a little alliteration and a riff on the original theme. Not my best laid out graphics, but they can’t all be winners.
View attachment 40436View attachment 40437
Go forth and build cool shit people.
I like the "boiled shrmip" colored knobs. on the chorus

I am sorry, Dave I can’t do that!

Hal wasn’t really an evil computer, he had been secretly programmed to not inform the crew of the reason for the trip.

This created a schism within his operating system, which was programmed not to harm

The closer they got to Jupiter the more apparent it became that they were going to learn the reason for the trip, so he had to kill them to prevent them from finding out the reason why they were going to Jupiter,

Perfect logic for a criminally insane computer.

This was revealed in the follow up movie a space Odyssey, 2010, highly recommended

I love the artwork I want to make one too now. Lol.

Back