Ceasar Chorus Build

robotecho

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Fantastic chorus pedal. Only issue was no effect sound at all on first test. After testing with an audio probe I found no signal was coming out of the V3207D. I played with the bias adjustment, and that fixed it, but the adjustment wasn't at all linear, no signal at all in places, and wildly varying levels throughout. Happy with how it sounds now anyway. Very strong effect signal and no loss of top end, really sparkling chorus effect.

Attachments

• 3-4.jpg
    3-4.jpg
    535.6 KB · Views: 57
  • guts.jpg
    guts.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 62
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 60
  • top-power.jpg
    top-power.jpg
    582.3 KB · Views: 56
Thanks! It sounds great, best chorus I've had in a while! Wish it was stereo!
if you're good with translating vero layouts with schematics etc. - you could build a daughterboard, run a few jumpers, and it can be done.

Boss CE-2 Stereo Daughterboard.png schematic ref.png
if you can find on your PCB where points A, B, and C are (per the attached annotated schematic), and can build the 13x8 vero daughterboard, you can have a stereo chorus.

i can't actually verify this stereo mod myself, i haven't done it, but it appears others have:

1674084329100.png
1674084380576.png
1674084425620.png

if you're good with translating vero layouts with schematics etc. - you could build a daughterboard, run a few jumpers, and it can be done.

View attachment 40498 View attachment 40499
if you can find on your PCB where points A, B, and C are (per the attached annotated schematic), and can build the 13x8 vero daughterboard, you can have a stereo chorus.

i can't actually verify this stereo mod myself, i haven't done it, but it appears others have:

View attachment 40500
View attachment 40501
View attachment 40502
Whoa! This I have to try!

I think I have everything to build this daughter board. I might just do it and connect it with alligator clips as a proof of concept, then design a new box. Looking into it, the stereo bypass seems to be a bigger PITA than the daughter board!

Last edited:
Back