Quality of guitarpcbmania pcbs?

I built the DAM meathead clone (meh as specced, needed a gainier transistor), and the Sunn beta, which is a HELL of a pedal when I finally got it going after the version 1 révisions and workarounds. I liked the sound of TL072s much more than the stock RC4558s, especially in the clean range--it's not the "Orthodox" sound, but I'm okay with that, and the switch from bass to lead [edit for clarity: the toggle switch between lead and bass] versions is pretty nifty.

Love their selections, but they seem to push things out without enough QC and testing. Very happy so far with all of my ppcb builds, and this forum is really the shiznit. (You don't want to know how many ppcb boards i ordered over the holidays).

Last edited:
UPDATE: Their King Centaur now works after they discovered an error (bad resistor values) in their build docs.

Yeah, that is the type of thing that seems to be a not uncommon thing at pcbgm, and indicative of lack of attention to testing out things. Not so much a problem to buy a new PCB, but VERY frustrating to troubleshoot.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I just boxed up a Vandal From Hell from them recently and I love it, it's brutal (once you boost its input a bit). Small nitpick, you need to bend one resistor a tiny bit to have enough space for the 220u cap next to it.

The pedal was a tight fit into the 125b, but now I'm happy that it's nice and small as pedal board real estate is limited for me :)

Image2512192014173487767.jpg

Wish you well!
Seb

Back