SOLVED Equilux troubles

innerlight

Hello all
I built an Equilux a few weeks ago. It worked great at first but I just tried it again today and it’s passing signal but it’s super quiet. Many of the controls also have no effect.
One of the rotary switches bumps it to normal volume when I hold the switch between settings.
I’m wondering if I have a faulty rotary switch?
I did a reflow which changed nothing. I’m at a loss! The chip is seated correctly.
Please help me!

Attachments

• D0F1696B-0359-4CCB-8A08-9B9380D905DE.jpeg
    D0F1696B-0359-4CCB-8A08-9B9380D905DE.jpeg
    455.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 0C2DDEAC-B8DF-4D7D-9015-CF66C631ED79.jpeg
    0C2DDEAC-B8DF-4D7D-9015-CF66C631ED79.jpeg
    396 KB · Views: 16
it's not super uncommon to get a dud with those rotary switches. Seems likely that it would be the culprit if you're able to get it working by holding it between positions. Could also be a cold joint on the switch that came sorta loose.
poke around with a multimeter to see if you get continuity on the rotary switch where it should be, and likewise that you're not getting resistance where there shouldn't be (I've found when the rotary switches are bad, they'll have a resistance in the low kiloohm range between the common lug and the throws.)

it's not super uncommon to get a dud with those rotary switches. Seems likely that it would be the culprit if you're able to get it working by holding it between positions. Could also be a cold joint on the switch that came sorta loose.
poke around with a multimeter to see if you get continuity on the rotary switch where it should be, and likewise that you're not getting resistance where there shouldn't be (I've found when the rotary switches are bad, they'll have a resistance in the low kiloohm range between the common lug and the throws.)
Thanks for the help! I have continuity. I’ll check for resistance tonight. It’s a strange one. I’m perplexed how it could function perfectly and then just stop. Also the volume pot works (even though the pedal is much quieter overall than when bypassed) and only a few of the EQ adjustments seem to affect the signal! The mids and highs seem to do nothing. It’s a real head scratcher

Hey all!
Ive gone over the circuit, all looks ok.
When engaged, all pots have an effect, however there is an extreme volume drop when engaged, even with the level control at maximum. Any tips on where to begin?

Back