Amazing Dirty Sanchez

Rixroxx

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Of all the dirt Pedal PCB pedals i built successfully (Angry Charles, Angry Andy Plus, Thermionic distortion, Complex overdrive) this is by far the best distortion to my ear. It has a clear definition, can be crunchy to heavy, smooth mids. Also, i noticed it is dynamic with guitar volume roll after tweaking the internal trim pot. At 7 on my strat's volume it sounds sweet with light crunch bite. The moment i hear it working, the pedal brought me back to 90s hard rock metal sound immediately. I will build another one for my brother who is also playing guitar and was impressed by this pedal.

Dirty Sanchez2.PNG

Dirty Sanchez.PNG

Dirty Sanchez3.PNG

Last edited:
Of all the dirt Pedal PCB pedals i built successfully (Angry Charles, Angry Andy Plus, Thermionic distortion) this is by far the best distortion to my ear. It has a clear definition, can be crunchy to heavy, smooth mids. Also, i noticed it is dynamic with guitar volume roll after tweaking the internal trim pot. At 7 on my strat it sounds sweet with light crunch. The first time to hear it, the pedal brought me back to 90s immediately. I will build another one for my brother who is also playing guitar and was impressed by this pedal.

View attachment 30429

View attachment 30431
I really like the paint job. How did you do it?

I really like the paint job. How did you do it?
i used spray cans. I applied two coats of dark primer gray, then putting two coats of blue color. After two minutes while the paint is still wet, i sprayed the red on top of the blue. The red will appear bit darker as it blends with the blue. I let it dry for 30 mins then splatter it with blue using a hand ripped paper to make sure i have control on the areas i only want the blue splatter. Splatter can be done by half pressing the spray can's nozzle or by toothbrush, mesh screen wire. I let it dried for more than 12 hours before applying two coats of clear gloss.

What is the white socket thing called you used to connect to the 3PDT board? Couldn't find them on Tayda, but I'm not sure their actual name.

What is the white socket thing called you used to connect to the 3PDT board? Couldn't find them on Tayda, but I'm not sure their actual name.
It is a 4pin JT Or JST connector i believed. I didn't see it available in Tayda. Instead i got it from a local store here in our country. A lot of resistors values are available here even those NOS chips like the MN3007, MN3100 for CE chorus, and much cheaper. I finished building two Cephaid Chorus (CE2). One for my band manager and one for me now on my board. I'm about to finish the gravitation reverb, dark rift delay, Pro-10 dual OD and Moonshot tremolo.

Attachments

• IMG_20221225_120454846.jpg
    IMG_20221225_120454846.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 5
Back