Mystery machine and Pharmacist Pedals Completed

I had finished the builds of these pedals in December but was waiting for the artwork to be completed. My best bud is a design artist and worked up the pedal pics from appropriate Beatle related album covers modified to a more suitable rectangular pedal format. After gluing the designs to the face of the boxes, I coated the tops with 2 part clear resin to complete the looks. the sides and bottoms were left in the bare cast aluminum. I rater please with the final results. Thanks for looking and your feedback! ( the white specs are just dust particles and not in the finish) IMG_0342.jpg IMG_0343.jpg IMG_0339.jpg IMG_0340.jpg IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

I like them both, but if I think right now I prefer the Mystery Machine over the Pharmacist. Mainly because the tone section is more flexible on the MM over the single mids control on the Pharmacist. :unsure:

Have you seen the Conqueror? It’s another Beatles voiced pedal. It’s probably similar to the MM.

A lifelong Beatles fan, I realised back during lockdown that I'd never actually watched the Magical Mystery Tour film.

It's bad. Like, very stoned Beatles pissing around in front of the cameras bad. Like, the sort of thing that's obviously a terrible idea when the drugs wear off bad.

I mean, the musical performances are cool, I am the Walrus in particular, but jeez, all the rest of it is bad.

A lifelong Beatles fan, I realised back during lockdown that I'd never actually watched the Magical Mystery Tour film.

It's bad. Like, very stoned Beatles pissing around in front of the cameras bad. Like, the sort of thing that's obviously a terrible idea when the drugs wear off bad.

I mean, the musical performances are cool, I am the Walrus in particular, but jeez, all the rest of it is bad.
I saw it in the theaters around 2013 or so. It was a lot more enjoyable in a room with 60 other Beatles fanatics than it is watching it alone. Even still, I rather enjoy it— it’s very campy and very poorly done, but I’m a big fan of absurdist humor, and MMT tickles that itch. It is also definitely steaming dog crap though.

If you want to watch an actually genuinely enjoyable surrealist comedy starring a Beatle, check out The Magic Christian. Not quite on the same level as Monty Python, but it’s pretty hilarious in the weirdest way possible. Badfinger’s first album was the soundtrack to it, and it stars Ringo and Peter Sellers as the two leads.

I have this PCB but cannot find OC79’s anywhere. What did you use?

Via @Chuck D. Bones
They're being used as diodes in the MM, so HFE doesn't matter. Personally, I'd save the OC79s for a pedal that requires transistors and use any old Ge diodes in the MM. Socket them if you wanna try different ones, but the diff should be minimal. When using diodes in the MM, connect cathode to pin 1, anode to pin 3.

Back