Parentheses Fuzz / EQD Life Pedal

apc42069

well, as advertised, it dooms!

this is an instance of boredom, rather than necessity, being the mother of invention.. i listen to almost no doom & play even less, but hype is hype & once I got the idea to make a graphic with this logo.. it had to happen.

what a joy to build. the inverse relationship of board size to component count cant be beat for a relaxing time.

Tayda UV printing on matte black sand with varnish gloss.

IMG_1528.jpg IMG_1529.jpg IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

doomguy-face-gif.gif

THAT LOOKS SO COOL

Do you know this mod ? An extra bass control ? it works on the Parenthese circuit too :

Here's what I did with mine...
I connected a C5K CONTOUR pot + 47uF cap + 22R resistor in series and then put them in parallel with C9. With the pot fully CCW, it's the normal Expandora bass rolloff. As the pot is rotated clockwise, more and more bass comes in until at full CW the response is basically flat from 50Hz on up.

View attachment 2114

I also added a CLIP switch, similar to what reubenreub did here.

BTW, all of those cap changes you made affected the frequency response below 4Hz. C14 might help a little if you're driving a real low impedance pedal. The bass response is really all about C8, C9, R6 & R7.

Last edited:
Great looking build.

I love that you had an idea-itch that had to be built-scratched, even though you're not a Doomster yourself.
Always gotta pay respect to the muse!

Holy shi# !!!!!
That's so gorgeous, I'm jealous I don't have that design idea before ! I'm a big fan of DOOM (the game) and this logo fits this pedal so well !!!
Very nicely done, congrats ! (y)
:love:

Back