Nutty Fuzz Mockup Pedal

Thaaat's the one! Indeed it is.

I couldn't recall which circuit this was... I kept going back to the John Hollis Crash Sync, which is close, but not exactly the same.
Well, I'd sworn off building anymore Ugly Faces, but I'm gonna have to give this one a go.

The Crash Sync would be awesome to see in the shop, it's definitely different enough to warrant inclusion. At least so I can use up all these 555s I have

I'll have to look at the Ugly Face schematic, but at first glance I think it's a 1:1 clone.

It does use a ICM7555, the CMOS version of the 555 timer, however. The standard NE555 works as well, but the CMOS version behaves slightly different. It had me pulling my hair out trying to figure out why in the heck it wasn't behaving exactly like the original! 😂

That said, I think I prefer it with the NE555 myself. It sounds a bit more interesting when the Threshold control is gating.

I'll have to look at the Ugly Face schematic, but at first glance I think it's a 1:1 clone.

It does use a ICM7555, the CMOS version of the 555 timer, however. The standard NE555 works as well, but the CMOS version behaves slightly different. It had me pulling my hair out trying to figure out why in the heck it wasn't behaving exactly like the original! 😂

That said, I think I prefer it with the NE555 myself. It sounds a bit more interesting when the Threshold control is gating.
That's interesting, as I've tried the NE555 in the past and it didn't really do the ugly face thing. Will be cool to see how this schem compares to the others on the market, though.

Honestly kinda surprised it's taken this long for a full on clone to come out

@PedalPCB Whats the correct wiring for the switch? I used the same wiring as the Germanium II Distortion but I’m getting all kinds of noise on bypass and when engaged. Feels like the BP is in a different spot.

New Look:
pulling-hair-jpg.38841
Skunk Anansie's Martin Ace Kent, no wait ... Skunk Baxter!

Pepé Le Pew?

I've always wanted to build a Machette (Escobedo ugly face and bailey's LFO) from GCFX.

I'm new to the pedalpcb community - on the product page for the nutty fuzz, all I see is an indication that build documents are coming soon. Where are you guys getting component info in order to build them before the documentation has been released?

I'm new to the pedalpcb community - on the product page for the nutty fuzz, all I see is an indication that build documents are coming soon. Where are you guys getting component info in order to build them before the documentation has been released?
I just built one today according to the screen print, and it works flawlessly

To add after some tinkering- absolutely spring for the 9203 LDRs. I've been getting mine from Jameco. As for LEDs, the Tayda Superbright Red 5MM has the best response.

I'm thinking using pre-rolled vactrols and other LDRs has been why I haven't been enamored with every other Ugly Face I've built through the years

Perfect timing, I just popped back in here to ask about those parts, since it's likely the only things I don't already have on hand.

Perfect timing, I just popped back in here to ask about those parts, since it's likely the only things I don't already have on hand.
I didn't test every possible combo, but the 9203s and the Tayda Superbrights gave me the best range and response out of those I did try, and I like it enough that that's what I'll use for all future Ugly Face builds

Back