SOLVED Ceasar started making a noise in bypass..

Ctrl4Smilerz

I recently rewired more board, and have discovered my, previously working fine, Caesar chorus has started making a faint high pitch clicking, only when in bypass. I took it out of the housing a tried reseating ICS, and reflowing anything that looked suspicious, but that hasn't helped. What are the most likely components that would cause a high pitch clicking?

I would move the input and output wires away from the PCB, since you have it out. See if it’s picking up noise that way. I seriously doubt it’s a grounding issue.
Should be easy to test this by plugging it in and moving them away, especially away from the top side of the board/pots where the LFO is.

Should be easy to test this by plugging it in and moving them away, especially away from the top side of the board/pots where the LFO is.
I added the ground wire, and that definitely made the pedal more quiet but it did not get rid of the clicking.
I tried moving wires around while plugged in to see if that did the trick and I accidentally pulled the wire off the pad, so I think I'm going to redo them with shielded wire.

Back