Peachy fran

Mentaltossflycoon

This is how my daughter says nectarine. Hopefully she'll be cool when she grows up and rocks it on her pedalboard. I like how this rattle can job turned out. Too bad my hands are more suited to the bass than a paint brush (acrylic pen actually). I'm utilizing radical acceptance in regards to the "a." It is what it is. Legible.

Speaking of suited to the bass, Fran Blanche does it again! I'm really struggling with choosing between 4 Fran circuits. I've been leaning lo-tone but this one's winning me over right now. I wish my band was rehearsing right now for a better idea.

Screenshot_20211113-015824_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20211113-015810_Gallery.jpg

She sure did love those 386s when Frantone was still running. Even that Brooklyn Overdrive was lm386 based. I watch her youtube channel sometimes and wonder what she would make if she started back up.
I believe those 386s can run all the way up to 18v. I could be misremembering, though. I was digging through data sheets looking for one that could.

I believe those 386s can run all the way up to 18v. I could be misremembering, though. I was digging through data sheets looking for one that could.
There are a couple different variants.
LM386N-1 and LM386N-3 are rated for 15v. The LM386N-4 can go up to 22v. I have one of the -4's in cheesy guitar amp running at 18v and it seems to work. https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm386.pdf

Nice pedal! I don't know the Peachfuzz very well, but am generally a fan of LM386's and Fran.

She sure did love those 386s when Frantone was still running. Even that Brooklyn Overdrive was lm386 based. I watch her youtube channel sometimes and wonder what she would make if she started back up.
According to her, she was the first builder to utilize the 386. Either way, certainly a pioneer. I liken it to ProCo. They've taken the Rat circuit and made it into several different pedals by just changing the clipping diodes!

I have a lot of respect for her unwillingness to compromise on the idea that for it to be a "frantone" it has to be made locally, by hand, and to an exceptionally high standard. She hasn't been able to find vendors for case finish or PCB manufacture in/around Philly, and thus no pedals. That said, she's got 1/4M followers on youtube so I imagine that's keeping her pretty busy.

Back