PPCB Cobbler (victory copper)

Locrian99

Hey all,

So a small bit on why I built this. This certainly wouldn’t have been on my radar 3 months ago. During sparks Black Friday sale I bought one of the spark amps. I really disliked using my phone or a tablet to control it and thought some of the effects sounded very digital (shocking!, I know). Anyways I ended up returning it (thank you Mr bezos) but one take away was I really liked the ac30 amp sim on there. Never played a vox, pretty much been locked in a fender box since 1993. So I decided I needed something and here we are.

The build itself was as always pretty straight forward for it all done and my pedal was very quiet. Sounded decent enough didn’t really play with a ton of knobs it just was quiet. Looked over everything, it all looked right. Posted a thread. Checked everything with my dmm. 10k resistor was reading 0, replaced of same problem Robert explained all working normal. He sent me over the schematic and I probed it. Found it. D6C90E4E-F560-48BC-9182-C52A5B0B3105.jpeg That is the treble pot I had good volume at pins 1 and 3 and 2 was very muted. I tried to lift the pot up a bit to see what was going on under it and it snapped. Thinking it was cracked and letting signal pass but with a bit of resistance. Anyways problem solved.

The pedal it self I’m liking I can get kind of a chime break up thing that so far seems fun for doing some progressions with sus chords and other little hammered on embellishments. The tone cut pot though really lets you go from that bit of chime to just a standard crunchy thing. I also so far have liked turning the gain pot down just playing with the flavor.

Since the original is called the copper and I didn’t have the hammered copper in my rust o leum collection. This seemed like a sign. Went with it, did keep a bit more distance than usual from the enclosure trying something different and I like it. A little less drastic hammered look it almost looks glittery to me with the gloss clear coat. I went back and forth on the knobs. Finally asked my wife her thoughts so we’ve got 1510’s on there. I couldn’t decide between those and the 1900h also in black. 399F6676-70E5-4D77-BDD7-07BADE6B5964.jpeg 1FDF9395-0BA2-4F73-9931-0641DA85B2F7.jpeg

Back