Sunflower Fuzz - Problem: Fuzz pot only kicks in about a quarter of the way down.

Super Delta Blues

Hello,

I just finished my Sunflower. Sounds perfect, but the Fuzz pot only kicks in about a quarter of the way down. Someone else happens? Any solution?

Thanks!!!

When you say "quarter of the way down", do you mean toward the end of the knob range, i.e. almost all the way up?

If so, this is normal. The Fuzz control on a Fuzz Face doesn't do much.

The Fuzz Face shouldn’t have a Fuzz control. It sounds best all the way up. The sundial is where you can generate different shades…

The Fuzz Face shouldn’t have a Fuzz control. It sounds best all the way up. The sundial is where you can generate different shades…

This. 100%.

The pot actually does more harm than good because there is a bit of noise at the end of the travel that is not there with a fixed resistor.

Despite the nihilistic comments here saying it shouldn't have a fuzz pot at all, with a rev log pot it usually works decent enough. Full gain all the time is fun but if you plan to stack it into anything more than ACDC levels of gain, you'll wish you had a fuzz control.

And yes, before anyone starts on about this, I know you can use your guitar's volume control to clean it up, but why fiddle with that while you could just have a fuzz control?

Despite the nihilistic comments here saying it shouldn't have a fuzz pot at all, with a rev log pot it usually works decent enough. Full gain all the time is fun but if you plan to stack it into anything more than ACDC levels of gain, you'll wish you had a fuzz control.

And yes, before anyone starts on about this, I know you can use your guitar's volume control to clean it up, but why fiddle with that while you could just have a fuzz control?

Because morer is gooder…

Even with a 1kC pot, it's nigh on useless.

Now the MK II Attack pot, that's a useful control and 1kC makes it even more useful.

Back