Tayda Electronics - Have you got photos of these colours? Brown Sugar, Black Sand Texture, Grey Sand Texture

lukegalea

Hi! Sorry for the long title but if someone ordered any of these colours and can share some photos it'd be really appreciated. Although it sounds obvious I ordered a dark grey a few months ago which looked more like silver/light grey (Tayda confirmed that the colour is correct like that).

I don't have any photos on hand but I really like all of Tayda's sand texture enclosures. Good quality and quite durable from what I can tell.

On the other hand while I quite like the color/look of the Glimmer Brown Sugar it is perhaps the most fragile enclosure finish I've ever encountered. You could scratch it with a Q-tip. Fair warning :p

I don't have any photos on hand but I really like all of Tayda's sand texture enclosures. Good quality and quite durable from what I can tell.

On the other hand while I quite like the color/look of the Glimmer Brown Sugar it is perhaps the most fragile enclosure finish I've ever encountered. You could scratch it with a Q-tip. Fair warning :p
That's interesting, my brown sugars have been fine but I've had two metallic candy yellows chip/ crack during drilling. Both are still more durable than ball silver.

I tried sending a PM to DGWVI, but since I'm new here I can't send personal messages to anyone but staff. Sorry for replying to such an old thread.

What is the first pedal in this post? The one with a selection knob labeled "synth i/synth ii/envelope."

Also, what technique do you use for your lettering? Stamps? What kind of paint? I love the simplicity of your designs.

Thanks!

Joshua

What is the first pedal in this post? The one with a selection knob labeled "synth i/synth ii/envelope."

That's the MadBean EdgeLord, clone of the Ibanez SB7 Synthesizer Bass- a pretty rad OTA based envelope filter with a distortion circuit for the synth voices. The Envelope mode is a clean LPF, Synth I is that same LPF with a soft clipped distortion driving it, while Synth II is a bandpass filter with the distortion heading into the filter

Also, what technique do you use for your lettering? Stamps? What kind of paint? I love the simplicity of your designs.

Yes, I use stamps. I have a set of custom 16pt Peignot font, as seen on the Edgelord, and a few different sets of typewriter type fonts made by Contact USA called Pegz seen on the others in that post.
The ink I use the most is StazOn brand opaque white. It's a solvent base, and it's cheap, durable, and readily available. I do have some other inks, but because cleanup with them is such a chore, I don't use them too often

That's the MadBean EdgeLord, clone of the Ibanez SB7 Synthesizer Bass- a pretty rad OTA based envelope filter with a distortion circuit for the synth voices. The Envelope mode is a clean LPF, Synth I is that same LPF with a soft clipped distortion driving it, while Synth II is a bandpass filter with the distortion heading into the filter

Yes, I use stamps. I have a set of custom 16pt Peignot font, as seen on the Edgelord, and a few different sets of typewriter type fonts made by Contact USA called Pegz seen on the others in that post.
The ink I use the most is StazOn brand opaque white. It's a solvent base, and it's cheap, durable, and readily available. I do have some other inks, but because cleanup with them is such a chore, I don't use them too often
Thank you for the quick reply. I might build one of these myself.

Also, I think I'll look for some stamps and ink and try this out myself.

Back