ANIMELLES Ge-FET Boost (Mountain Oyster Boost)

SYLV9ST9R

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Here's my take on the Mountain Oyster Boost.
Don't have much to add to what's been said in previous build reports, it really makes stuff shines as a boost/dirty boost, with enough grit to hold its own.
I particularly found it paired well with my main low/mid gain OD (ModèleB/Barbershop).

Went with a 77 hfe MP35 because that's what I had on hand, and it sounds great to my (not super picky) ears.
Tayda UV print on a light gold enclosure with matte varnish.
Went with the French name for the fine delicacy the pedal is named for, as I liked the sound of it. Had to flex the pot a bit inwards, as I'm a sucker for those big MXR knobs on 2-knobs pedals and didn't want them to overreach.

IMG_2326.jpg IMG_2328.jpg

And finally, a big shout-out to @Chuck D. Bones and @cooder for this circuit/board and to @fig for having provided it to me!

Last edited:
I don’t think the hFE matters for this circuit I believe Chuck designed it like that. What an awesome build! I’m really loving the name and design for this!

I don’t think the hFE matters for this circuit I believe Chuck designed it like that. What an awesome build! I’m really loving the name and design for this!
Thanks. I think you're right about the circuit being forgiving on the NPN,, it sounds great either way!

Killer artwork! And I always appreciate a touch of French classiness with my potty humor :)

Also how did you get this PCB exactly?

Back