Add Channel Switch to Triangulum Boost

sshort86

Has anyone successfully added a channel switch jack with reverse polarity switch to the Triangulum Boost similar to the one on the real Fortin 33? If so, could you please provide pics and/or a wiring diagram?

Last edited:
the real 33 uses a 4pdt switch rather than the usual 3pdt, so I presume all it is, is using that extra switch section wired to a jack.

I’m on a phone right now so this is the closest I could find on google

40BC9F09-D50F-4CF7-8C98-7822E1BC1233.jpeg

For a polarity switch use additional spdt switch - remove red wire from jack - attach middle lug of spdt switch to the jack - red wire goes to one end of the spdt - that top unused lug on the footswitch jack (3PDT in picture above but yours would be 4pdt) wired to other side of the spdt.

I did on one of my first builds not even knowing what I was really doing. It was pretty simple

Wow that even makes me cringe 🤣…. You have to start somewhere 🤷🏻

I did on one of my first builds not even knowing what I was really doing. It was pretty simple

Good call to use the LED section of the switch as the external switching. I guess the only downside of that is no polarity switching.

Edit- actually you could still do the polarity switch if wired like in the pedal pcb build docs if you left the link to the input off. The input of the pcb would not be grounded when bypassed is all.

This is what I tried initially, but sadly I need the polarity switch because in this configuration, boost on = clean channel, boost off = dirty channel. It works, but backwards lol. I wasn't sure how to wire the polarity switch, but mnemonic's suggestion seems simple and logical enough. I'm gonna give it a try.

Nice looking build, by the way!

the real 33 uses a 4pdt switch rather than the usual 3pdt, so I presume all it is, is using that extra switch section wired to a jack.

I’m on a phone right now so this is the closest I could find on google

View attachment 41170

For a polarity switch use additional spdt switch - remove red wire from jack - attach middle lug of spdt switch to the jack - red wire goes to one end of the spdt - that top unused lug on the footswitch jack (3PDT in picture above but yours would be 4pdt) wired to other side of the spdt.
Thanks! This actually makes a lot of sense. Gonna add a 4PDT footswitch and SPDT toggle to my Tayda cart and give it a go!

I've got the ISOCELES board, not the Triangulum, but if I recall correctly the Isoceles is closely related to the Triangulum...

... Is this channel-switch mod relevant to the Isoceles?

I've got the ISOCELES board, not the Triangulum, but if I recall correctly the Isoceles is closely related to the Triangulum...

... Is this channel-switch mod relevant to the Isoceles?
It shouldn't be board specific to my knowledge. Just a matter of wiring up the connections between the footswitch, jack, and toggle.

Back