Pedal PCB Seabed Delay

jhaneyzz

At least ONE working pedal from this weekend.

Pedal PCB Seabed Delay.

I've only played it for a few minutes but it seems to do exactly what I wanted it to do. and Hey, it's all about the enclosure anyway, right?

I decided to mess around with solid wiring for fun. My measuring needs lots of work.

I got a little fancy with backlighting the marble. just shining an LED through them is terrible. I've used reflective foil before but this time I glued a piece of vellum above the marble to ensure super even light. It looks amazing. but the marble is pretty pale blue and the white LED kinda overpowers the hue. I need to either find a teal blue LED or mix a blue and a white.

I really did the spiral pattern on this one so much that I went full-bleed on teh design instead of constraining it in the border I've been using lately.

Still using up by store of green polys before I jump on the WIMA bandwagon.

Attachments

• IMG_6734.jpg
    IMG_6734.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6730.jpg
    IMG_6730.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 63
At least ONE working pedal from this weekend.

Pedal PCB Seabed Delay.

I've only played it for a few minutes but it seems to do exactly what I wanted it to do. and Hey, it's all about the enclosure anyway, right?

I decided to mess around with solid wiring for fun. My measuring needs lots of work.

I got a little fancy with backlighting the marble. just shining an LED through them is terrible. I've used reflective foil before but this time I glued a piece of vellum above the marble to ensure super even light. It looks amazing. but the marble is pretty pale blue and the white LED kinda overpowers the hue. I need to either find a teal blue LED or mix a blue and a white.

I really did the spiral pattern on this one so much that I went full-bleed on teh design instead of constraining it in the border I've been using lately.

Still using up by store of green polys before I jump on the WIMA bandwagon.

I've got that one in my to-do box. Getting there......

The reason I like teflon insulated wire so much is that the insulation is like barely larger than the wire, and still good up to 1000v. Looks better....

1676045528859.png

OI really like the cozy upholstered cushion you have for your board. Do you make one custom-sized to each project you are working on?
I used to take a 2x4 like this, cut it to size and drill holes for the standoffs in it to keep it from sliding around while I placed the wires and components. I had one for Marshall JTM50's, Hiwatt DR504's, and various fenders.

But my 18" wide Panavise works fantastic, especially with the 10" wide circular base.

I recently threw out everything except the Hiwatt after they all got soaked when the shop roof leaked during that intense rain a month ago. I had 20 inches in my rain gauge!!!!

The Hiwatt is in several pieces, one for the pots and jacks, one for the main circuit board and one for the power/bias board. They hold everything in the same size as the chassis, so I build the entire amp with loads of room, then stuff it into the chassis when done..... I found one, ready to pop into a chassis, stuffed into a box on the loft when I was yanking all the soaked stuff out. A 504, in a box, ready to go!! Just add chassis and iron....

This is up on my list to build soon... had the pcb for a minute and trying to get to it..

hmm.... what could one use instead of a marble....

maybe, synthetic rubys????

ruby5-round.jpg

Back