Random pix

H99740000000000-00-2000x2000.jpg

I had to check to see if that battery pic was legit. Mike Matthews is in great shape for a guy who's pushing 90. ;)

Selling batteries is a great money-maker. Bad for the environment, though.
If batteries are bad for the environment, then why are they promoting electric cars to save the environment?:unsure:

Indeed. Electric cars have a much larger carbon footprint when they leave the factory than fossil-fueled vehicles. Takes most of their life to catch up with fossil-fueled vehicles. Don't forget where the electricity comes from. That being said, Electric Cars are pretty cool. A friend of mine gave me a ride in his Tesla Plaid. The last time I experienced that many G's was on a roller coaster at Knott's.

Indeed. Electric cars have a much larger carbon footprint when they leave the factory than fossil-fueled vehicles. Takes most of their life to catch up with fossil-fueled vehicles. Don't forget where the electricity comes from. That being said, Electric Cars are pretty cool. A friend of mine gave me a ride in his Tesla Plaid. The last time I experienced that many G's was on a roller coaster at Knott's.
Yeah, electric motors develop maximum torque at low rpm. Electric cars aren't bad, but the batteries are a toxic nightmare. Just wait till there's 8000 batteries per car to recycle from 1.7 billion cars. Going to make Chernobyl look like a picnic. I want an electric car, but one that I put in a banana peel and last nights left over beer and it can hover at 88 mph for 100 hours.....

That's 13,600,000,000,000 batteries.

Back