EQ Shootout

Wondering if anyone has built both the Box and All (EQD Tone Job) and the 6 Parameter EQ pedals. Both have good reviews, just wondering what the differences are between them and advantages one might have over the other.

Wondering if anyone has built both the Box and All (EQD Tone Job) and the 6 Parameter EQ pedals. Both have good reviews, just wondering what the differences are between them and advantages one might have over the other.
Crickets...

Interesting...

I ended up building both, and they definitely have different characteristics but not in a bad way. The Box and All is more of a tone enhancer with eq controls, I really like playing my strat with it. Although the 6 band doesn't do anything to your tone per se, it functions very well when it comes to shaping your overall eq. Again, I liked using it with my strat to dial in a deeper bass response, the low E string had a lot more rumble that wasn't a straight thud sound.

Just curious, are you saying the box and all changes/enhances your tone even with eq knobs at noon? Or just that it feels more like an enhancer than a precision eq because there’s fewer knobs? I’ve made a 6-band, and have the box and all pcb, just haven’t been motivated by that one yet.

To my ears the box and all enhances my tone, kind of like an always on type pedal. I used my strat and it just seemed more alive.

Back