Does your Cobalt pop?

ianmarks

I saw another member had switch pop issue with this one. Just checking to see if anyone has built one that doesn't. It gets better after a few minutes but still not great. I am measuring 150mv on the output. Popped out the opamp and jfets still have the issue. Replaced the 10uf, still no dice. Different switch, nope. Also, no led hooked up. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

That did the trick! Care to explain how? I noticed both the input and output has drop down resistors. I tried 1m on the out earlier which seemed to improve a little but had only heard of 1m and higher being used and come to think of it, rarely see them on the output. Thanks for all you do man! It sure has been awesome seeing this site takeoff over the years.

2M is the value used in the original pedal, but whoever designed the schematic didn't account for the fact that they removed the buffered switching system and adapted the circuit to true-bypass. 2M doesn't allow any DC bias to discharge from the 10uF capacitor quick enough.

This same thing was causing popping in another circuit recently.

I'll have to update the board / build docs to note this.

Back