Golden Fleece - DIY

Flying

Having breadboarded the Golden Fleece over a year ago I eventually made my own board, it ended up as a test bed for a new etching rocker system!

The original thread for the Golden Fleece is here: https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/mythos-golden-fleece-fuzz.4202/

I've used a 100pf for C6 https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/mythos-golden-fleece-fuzz.4202/post-57761

But this was a total guess, if anyone knows of a better capacitor value I'd be keen to know.

It's a really simple circuit that could easily be made on Veroboard, but I wonder if be a universal ‘Electra’ board could be developed?

Attachments

• IMG_2223.jpeg
    IMG_2223.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
It's boxed... but it very nearly wasn't!

Note to self: Make sure you are using the current version of the PCB design when designing the label and drilling the enclosure! And it really doesn't matter how many times you try and put the PCB in the enclosure that LED is a good 5mm away from the hole you drilled and isn’t suddenly going to fit.

The LED now has a novel dogleg in it, and the jack socket holes had to be reamed out to accommodate the flange not just the threaded bit, but that gave me just the clearanceI needed to get the board in!

It’s on my board and I don’t see it getting knocked off, I’ve tired fuzz faces, the Titania2 Fuzz and Big Muff, but I just feel like I’ve clicked with this one, it’s replacing the Titania2 Fuzz on my board.

Attachments

• IMG_2231.jpeg
    IMG_2231.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 38
Anywhere ever find a pcb that will work for this? Tayda is out at the moment. Youd think someone should carry one or atleast multi boost board. Even a cot50

Anyone know if there’s a pre drilled enclosure on Tayda for this? I thought about using the “Arrows” or Amentum I think it’s called but not sure if the dimensions are exactly the same.

This is my first build in about 10 years. A LOT has changed.

That's funny. Just like when someone asked about what their their Chupacabra was based on. They said a tweaked Red Llama then someone checked and it wasn't even tweaked lol. I just don't understand that mentality of cloning something, but not even modifying it to improve it or make it your own. That's just one of the reasons why I respect Brian Wampler.

The variation of this circuit that surprised me is the Tchula circuit.

The whole concept really made no sense to me... in one mode you have no control whatsoever, no volume control, no gain control, you just switch it on and it does what it does... take it or leave it.

The other footswitch enables a gain control.

Quirky as hell, I expected to be extremely underwhelmed, but man, it sounds fantastic in either mode and actually does "work" .

The whole concept really made no sense to me... in one mode you have no control whatsoever, no volume control, no gain control, you just switch it on and it does what it does... take it or leave it.

Quirky as hell, I expected to be extremely underwhelmed, but man, it sounds fantastic in either mode and actually does "work" .
well lovepedal based the half his circuits on an electra so you'd think that he'd be really good at tweaking it lol

So when are we getting that Dielectric Boost?

Back